activity intoleranceRegister Today!
- by aanzules Feb 14, '08can someone help me with my care plan, please. I need a goal for activity intolerance i need to write a care plan and i do not know what could be the best short-term goal for activity intolerance. Please someone help me.
- Feb 14, '08 by RNperdiemYour goal depends on why the patient has activity intolerence and how active they are now.
In my ICU, I would have as a goal(for the extubated and stable) OOB to the chair for at least 2 hours daily.
For a post-op cardiothoracic patient, there are printed activity goals involving distance walked; a couple of laps around the unit 3 times a day would be my goal.
- Feb 14, '08 by GrumpyRN63HMMM, some things that come to mind...depending on severity of activity intolerance: Increased passive/active ROM
Conservation of energy in performing ADL's
Maintain skin integrity/prevention of pressure ulcers
- Feb 15, '08 by Daytonitehi, aanzules, and welcome to allnurses!
the meat of a care plan is the symptoms your patient has. the nursing diagnosis, goals and nursing interventions are all based upon the patient's symptoms (nanda calls them defining characteristics). goals, specifically, are the anticipated result of your nursing interventions. to formulate your goals you need to consider your nursing interventions for this particular nursing problem. there is information on writing goals on this post:
- http://allnurses.com/forums/f205/des...ns-170689.html - desperately need help with careplans (in nursing student assistance forum) – post #109 has the list of ackley/ladwig links to nursing diagnosis pages – psychosocial diagnoses are listed on post #145; wellness diagnoses are listed on post #84
- http://allnurses.com/forums/f50/care...-121128-7.html - careplans help please! (with the r\t and aeb) (in general nursing student discussion forum) - how to write long term goals is discussed on post #157
- Mar 5, '08 by nursefiddler_rizumu..i'm doing my care plan also.. ^^, and i'm having the same head ache with this diagnosis...