LPN's in Endo??Register Today!
- by JamiR369 Jun 18, '11Does anyone know of any LPN's working in Endo? I had worked as a certified endo tech in NJ for about 5 yrs but was laid off due to cut backs in the hosp. I took advantage of my un employment and went back to school for LPN. I'm graduating 6/24/11 and would really like to get back into endo but wasn't sure what I could do as an LPN since i cant do a push. Any ideas??? Other then getting my RN lol
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=580621©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,859 Views
- Jun 18, '11 by brownbookI think you would end up being hired as a GI tech even with your LVN. I have seen LVN's working as GI techs but I don't know what they got paid (as a tech or LVN?) as they also worked in other areas of our GI/surgery clinic.
- Jun 18, '11 by hgorrondonaThe Endo unit I work in has several LPNs. They do patient admits and recovery, as well as teching in the procedure room.
- Jan 28, '12 by shamrokksI am a LPN and I work in a GI center so yes it's possible, especially with your background experience.
- Feb 7, '12 by RNsRWeIt very much is possible, but of course that depends on the size of the unit, number of daily/weekly procedures and the needs for admit and discharge (your most likely areas).
- Apr 18, '12 by JamiR369I've been working in LTC and Hate it!!! I miss Endo I have only found one Endo LPN position posted but it was an hour and a half away from me. I applied anyway but they never called me. I guess because I'm a "new nurse" not new to endo though. I'm in Central NJ and I only know of one LPN in Endo and she's been doing it for 35 yrs! I would actually be happy to do admit and discharge but it doesnt exist in this area