2/4/09: Nursing Activism Primer-- Legislation, Lobbying/ Contacting Elected Officials

Nurses Activism

Published

Specializes in Hemodialysis, Home Health.

Great !!!

Thank you, NRSKARENRN....I NEED a "primer"... ! Want to do some studying on this .. a lot I need to educate myself on...this will help the "don't know where to start" .....:rolleyes:

Appreciate the info.. a bunch ! :)

Specializes in Hemodialysis, Home Health.

Great !!!

Thank you, NRSKARENRN....I NEED a "primer"... ! Want to do some studying on this .. a lot I need to educate myself on...this will help the "don't know where to start" .....:rolleyes:

Appreciate the info.. a bunch ! :)

Specializes in CV-ICU.

Thanks, Karen, for posting this info here. I'm glad to see that people are interested in this; I wish we could light fires under every nurse to get involved by writing a letter or talking to their legislators AND voting in such a way it helps nurses and health care in this country. Each one of us CAN make a difference if we are committed to do so.

Specializes in CV-ICU.

Thanks, Karen, for posting this info here. I'm glad to see that people are interested in this; I wish we could light fires under every nurse to get involved by writing a letter or talking to their legislators AND voting in such a way it helps nurses and health care in this country. Each one of us CAN make a difference if we are committed to do so.

THANK YOU!

I find myself more and more thinking and voting with the mind of a nurse (imagine that!) and feel like just voting isn't enough, this is a big help in getting myself moving more towards activisim.

Here's to us getting Washington to listen!

PERFECT!!

Thank you!

I would be more active, but since being (not completely) black-balled, it would be 100% easier w/ an income not dependant on those that you actively oppose. I learned this the hard way, & it is very humbling, and very depressing. I read & am glad you are doing what you do; however, for me it is professional suicide! Keep fighting, NurseKaren!

Thank you for all the info you posted. It was very helpful to me. I started a petition to try and change the nurse-to-patient ratio in Nevada.

I am also interested to know how Ajack was black-balled. Ajack, if you read this please give a little more detail on what happened. I would like to prepare myself.

Thanks again,

Nurse Nevada

Petition: http://users.lvcm.com/nursingnevada[/url

1/7/03 Note:above link no longer active. Karen

Thanks Karen, great info!! Ajack, what in the world happened????????????

Karen, thanks for the great info!! Do appreicate it.

+ Add a Comment