How much do forensic nurses make?
- 0Jun 17, '06 by Jupiter Crashhey everyone i have would like to know the average salary of a forensic nurse?
also, if anyone can tell me how much they actually deal with crime scenes, the body, ect.
almost every thing i have read it usually leads up to rape victims being the bulk of cases.
thank you everyone
- 0Jun 17, '06 by sirI Adminhello, jupiter crash,
check out these threads regarding the role of the forensic nurse:
how do i become a forensic nurse/role of the forensic nurse
forensic nursing - is it for you?
as for salaries, greatly depends upon the area you wish to reside. salaries normally start around $35/hr. in my area.
- 0Sep 20, '06 by NursesdsA lot of it depends on the area. Since most programs are hospital based, some offer an on call rate + call time. Other places just pay a flat rate per case of anywhere from $75-300.
But your statement is true. Most Forensic nursing is SANE based, and not death investigation. Since death investigation is mostly a local issue (each county, not state level) it depends on if the local coroner or medical examiner will even work with a CFN.
- 0Nov 6, '06 by daisybabyJupitercrash, I am an OB/GYN nurse who is also a SANE in New York's Capital Region. We do not receive pay for being on call but are compensated at $250per case. To my knowledge, forensic nurses in this area are used in the SANE/SAFE capacities only. The NYS Police has a top-notch forensic unit as well as the state crime lab (where our SA kits are sent for processing), so other types of forensic investigations are primarily handled by them- if not by local authorities.
Hope this is useful!
- 0Jul 25, '07 by badzForensic nursing sounds interesting!!! I want also to be like that!!!But I think Philippines is out of forensic nursing,,so I'll try to finish my studies here and plan to go to the US to pursue my ambition - to become a forensic nursing!!!I've watched CSI:Miami and it was the first reason why I got so much interested in forensic nursing!!!.,,Good luck to those people who are willing to involve themselves to forensic nursing,,strive on it!!It is indeed a one of a kind and very much interesting field of nursing!!!.Godbless.