working in jacksonville - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 8, '11 by FUTUREFLARNAlso, keep in mind... the Baby-Boomers are getting ready to retire soon and there are a ton in the healthcare field.
- Oct 5, '11 by fromjaxflhi misswhitney,
Are you the same misswhitney that used to work at Publix, then worked at Specialty, and you are now at Shands? You moved up fast. I'm not a stalker not at all. I just like reading people's post from their nursing days to the employment world. And I see FLMom is working now too. I hope to be a nurse one day if I can find financial assistance. I'll keep plugging away until that day comes.
- Oct 20, '11 by misswhitneyHaha, yes that's me! You sure you aren't stalking me? You sure do know a lot about me! Can you believe I am a charge nurse now? I feel like I was just a student! I used Worksource and was fresh out of high school so I had Bright Future's as well. FSCJ gave me a bunch of grants/scholarships throughout the nursing program. There is always a way! Keep me updated on how you do!
- Oct 26, '11 by britgirlgood luck in your ventures miss whitney
- Dec 9, '11 by s.marie333Quote from chicookieHow could you forget Mayo Clinic?! From personal experience, I think this is the best hospital I've ever been in! I was a patient there, so I know first hand Of course, I've never worked there, but I was treated so well and the whole healthcare team seemed like the really cared! I will be trying to get a job there when I finish nursing school.I live in Jacksonville. There are a couple hospitals here in the city. I work at Baptist Medical Center which is really 4 different hospitals that are a system (Downtown, South, Beaches, and Nassau.) Its also a Magnet hospital.There is also Shands which is a trauma hospital, St Lukes and St. Vincents (2 hospitals but they have merged.), Memorial and Orange Park. There is also a Naval hospital on base.
My husband is a corpsman at NAS JAX (navy hospital). I hear good and bad things about it, but he seems to like working there for the most part