Weston FloridaRegister Today!
- by Ivana RN-BC Jul 13, '12We live in Texas, but my husband will be taking on a job in Weston. I was looking up Weston online and it seems like a good place to raise kids. I currently work as a nurse educator in a Dallas hospital and an adjunct nursing instructor for a university. My background is med-surg, administration and oncology.
I have never been to Florida, so I would need some help from my allnurses friends. I have seen that Weston has 2 hospitals: Cleveland Clinic and Broward Health Weston. What do you think about those hospitals? Are there any other places in Weston area for me to work? I would not mind driving up to 45 min.
Thank you all.
- 1,654 Views
- Jul 13, '12 by LegacyJSWeston is a nice place to live, and raise kids. Its on the upscale side. You can also look into Memorial Hospitals. Pembroke Pines, and Miramar are next door to Weston. Some homes in West Pembroke Pines are zoned for both Weston and Pembroke Pines Homes. HTH
- Jul 13, '12 by Ivana RN-BCThank you for your help.
- Aug 10, '12 by RNcorazonI being living in Weston for a few years...is very safe and best schools for kids, too bad the pay rate for nurses is low.
- Aug 22, '12 by MeganDMy parents actually work at Cleveland Clinic. Nursing pay on the floor starts at around $27 (depends on lots of factors, of course). Weston is pricey, but the schools are really good. Memorial Health System has had an intermittent hiring freeze for RNs after major layoffs since the start of the year. I know Cleveland Clinic is talking about switching to BSN ONLY soon, but if you are interested in an administration type job I'm sure the requirements are different. The facility is nice, has computer charting (Epic) and they are expanding within the next 5 years because of the need for more space for patients.
I don't work there (still in nursing school for 16 more days haha) but I thought I would throw in my two cents from what I know from my family.
Hope that helps