Valencia Community College - page 3
by smm1901 22,355 Views | 54 Comments
Hi, I just got accepted into Valencia's nursing program. I would love to hear from students who are either in the nursing program or graduates of the program at Valencia as to how you liked it. How were the teachers? What is... Read More
- 0Sep 1, '10 by IWantBobateaYou have to compete with other applicants to get into the program for SCC.
Pro: don't have to wait like VCC
Cons: decent competition from what I heard. There is a chance you might not get in
You Don't compete with other applicants to get into the VCC nursing program, you just need to fulfill the minimum requirements.
Pros: you don't need a high GPA or TEAS score to get into the program
Cons: 1 year or more waiting times
hope this info help u guys
- 0Oct 1, '10 by swarner5VCC's concurrent just started this semester. You cannot apply for it, they will forward your name and transcript to UCF Nursing for consideration. You must have all the UCF prerequs completed by the time you apply to VCC. They will notify you via your Atlas account if you are selected to be a part of the concurrent program. Grades are important here even though it isn't for VCC's generic track.
- 0Oct 28, '10 by jacksonleoActually the Concurrent program for Valencia/UCF does not start until August 2011. You cannot apply for the first class, you have to be recommended by VCC or invited by UCF. I met with them about it and pretty much said that anything below 3.5 GPA is not going to fly and a decent TEAS score. They will have 30 students for their first class.
- 0Apr 3, '11 by smm1901Hi I am also starting at Valencia but not until the fall. I am trying to figure out what books I'm going to need and what immunizations as well. Do you think you could email me any literature they gave you at orientation? Its so hard to find any info. out and I'm starting to get nervous!!! Thanks!
- 0Apr 4, '11 by flucyluHey!!! I am starting the concurrent program this fall which I am very excited about!! if it was not of an inconvenience, is it possible for you to email me that package also? I want to have as much information beforehand. Thank you in advance...and good luck to all. My email is email@example.com