UCF Cocoa Beach/Daytona Spring 2013
- 0Jun 17, '12 by mchinyeeI am a prenursing student attending UCF Orlando Campus. I am applying this summer to Cocoa Beach and Daytona Campuses to start Spring 2013! Eeek! I know there have been other forums regarding previous admissions to the program that have helped me to figure where I stand. I thought it would be nice to have a chance to meet each other, talk about our scores, and answer or ask questions regarding the application process!
- 73,722 Visits
- 0Jun 29, '12 by MC99Quote from mchinyeeI am a prenursing student attending UCF Orlando Campus. I am applying this summer to Cocoa Beach and Daytona Campuses to start Spring 2013! Eeek! I know there have been other forums regarding previous admissions to the program that have helped me to figure where I stand. I thought it would be nice to have a chance to meet each other, talk about our scores, and answer or ask questions regarding the application process!
I plan on applying to Daytona as my first choice & Cocoa as my 2nd. I really want to go to Daytona though. My overal GPA is a 3.88 and my pre req GPA is a 4.0. My highest TEAS is an 80 percent which is not as good as I want but I am hoping it is enough to get me in. I hope it is an easy application pool since they only accept 36 people. So what are the TEAS scores that you guys have that you want to raise up?
- 0Jul 4, '12 by cnicole6I'm applying for the Cocoa and Daytona campuses for Spring 2013, Daytona being my first choice. My gpa is only a 3.48, but I scored an 88 on the TEAS test so I'm hoping that will help. I'm beyond nervous for the whole process. Last week I received an email that they may request interviews from applicants, so it will be interesting to see if/how that factors in.
- 0Jul 5, '12 by MC99to CNicole6: The GPA is kinda low but the TEAS is rlly good so you have a pretty good shot because the TEAS may make up for your GPA. What is your pre-req GPA because that is important? Also, I got that email too & that makes me nervous because you will be walking into the interview knowing your future depends on it. Have you applied yet? I am waiting for my final grades to be put into the system which should be in one to two weeks before I apply
- 0Jul 5, '12 by cnicole6MC99: Unfortunately my pre req GPA is only a 3.25, so that doesn't help very much either. I intitally started college with no idea that I wanted to become a nurse, so at the time grades weren't as crucial! I'm kicking myself over it now. It's frustrating because I got very high B's in the science classes, but as far as GPA goes an 80 is the same thing as an 88. With a 4.0 you shouldn't even worry at all! Your TEAS test score is competative as well. I'm applying this weekend- I just need to send it all in and get it over with! If I don't get into the UCF BSN program, I going to try for the concurrent program at SCC. Fingers crossed!
- 0Jul 6, '12 by MC99I am also going to apply to the concurrent program and Daytona State College's AA nursing program because it is 4 semesters and then I could do UCF's online RN-BSN program while I work as an RN. It's a good option for me because I want to be a nurse anesthetist so I need a minimum of 1 yr ICU experience so if I go to Daytona State College I could start working faster and reach a year in the ICU quicker. Your scores make you have a really good shot as DSC nursing program if it is something you are interested in. The application to the school is easy and there is no application fee. Also, going to DSC & then doing the RN-BSN is cheaper.