Sheridan Technical LPN Program 2009
- 0Mar 26, '09 by RNStudent78Hi all...I'm thinking of going to Sheridan Tech..just want feed back..on the TABE and TEAS test..when is the next program..
- 6,733 Visits
- 0Mar 29, '09 by RNStudent78Hi, y2pretty00..what was in the TABE test?.... was it hard...? I'm thinking of taking in a week...the lady told me to go on Monday to take it but I'm a little worried on the Math portion...let me know how was that test.. and I heard also that the next program is in June .... :wink2:
- 0Apr 18, '09 by MissMercy25Before you can start the program you have to do Core which is 5 weeks long in class or 9 weeks online with only 4 days out of the 9 weeks that you need to be in class in person. Next class starts up for Core on June 8th. You can be exempt from taking Core if you meet the criteria which includes having an active CNA license and be CPR certified.Last edit by MissMercy25 on Apr 18, '09 : Reason: duplicate answer
- 0Apr 18, '09 by MissMercy25When you go to register for the TABE which I took on the 5th of March, you will be given a workbook to study from. But if you go on Sheridan's website you will find the same studyguide on there. It will prepare you for the test because it will let you know what you need to work on. The highest you can get on the tests is a 12.9 on each section (I got a 12.4 in Math, 12.9 on English, and a 12.9 on Science). As for the TEAS, that test if definetly a bit trickier. I would suggest going to the website from which you will be taking the test at the school (www.atitesting.com), registering with the site(which you will end up doing anyways during the LPN Orientation that's after you pass the TABE) so you can purchase the TEAS Online Practice Assesment for $30. The assesment comes with two tests that similates taking the real test. I wouldn't suggest getting the book unless you have money to spare. I just dotted down the Q +A that I got incorrect as I did them so I could study them. The book in my opinion is a waste of money. The school calls you a few days after the TABE/mails you your results. The TEAS results you get right immediately. By the Grace of :bowingpur God I passed considering my nerves were overstimulating my bladder and I had to rush through the test... fftopic: Anyways, study everything on those practice tests and you should be fine. Good luck and God Bless!!
- 0May 4, '09 by y2pretty00I finally took the teas test... omg! I passed everything the first time around except the math portion. I went to take it a second time and failed it too (so ashamed), but i studied my a** off the last time cause your only allowed to take it 3 times in broward county and then if you fail that third time you have to wait a whole year before trying again, but I passed... thank god! That was the only section that gave me some hell cause I hate studying math. It isnt hard actually. You just have to put in alittle work. The only other section which I would recommend everybody to study alittle more is the science portion. But i'll be starting in august cause june is completly full. Good luck to all!
- 0May 15, '09 by **~pouty~**hi y2pretty00, congrats on passing the teas!
i am also trying to get into the LPN program at Sheridan.
i went to both orientations and now studying for the TEAS test (planning on taking it on June 1st). they gave us a checklist of things to do, like taking the teas, doing background, etc. do you know if it has to be done in a specific order? what do you suggest?
i definitely want to get into the program in august. but i heard its filling up---QUICK!
- 0Jun 20, '10 by CrissiiSidditiii just applied to the program and took the TABE,and passed everything with a 12.9. I'm trying o get ahead of the game, so can somene explain to me, how doi register online for the TEAS test? I need a little walk through. I dont want to wait for the orientation, because there is a test available to take the same day, and i'm trying to fly through this process to get a seat. PLEASE HELP!!!