New Grad looking for work for 6 monthsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on New Grad looking for work for 6 months in Florida Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I graduated from FIU in May 2012 with my BSN. I have been looking for jobs within 50 miles of...by arobe017 Jan 21I graduated from FIU in May 2012 with my BSN. I have been looking for jobs within 50 miles of Miami, and have applied to numerous jobs. While my friends get hired because of connections, or my other friends occasionally have an interview, I get nothing for my attempts.
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have any advice or information on some jobs I could apply for? I'm willing to do any specialty.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=810174©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,751 Views
- Jan 26 by nats2012u might have to relocate i graduated may also in fort lauderdale and i relocated
- Jan 27 by nursenora1It is extremely hard to get a job in south Florida. Almost impossible. Your not alone. Every new grad is having the same problem as you. I've probably applied to over 300 applications and got 1 call back and got turned down to due to a lack of experience. Good luck.
- Jan 28 by katicurn84If you are willing to move look into hospitals in orlando or try Shands in Gainesville. They hire new grads all the time. Just be prepared to stay a while because even with experience its hard to find a job down south. Speaking from personal experience...
- Jan 30 by on eagles wingshave you tried mt sinai? they hire tons of new grads.
- Jan 30 by janellybellyI know it's tough down there because it's even extremely competitive to get into schools in miami. I'm currently a ”miamian” living in georgia and gonna give school a shot up here. I miss my home town sometimes, especially going down that 107th ave, ha! I bet dolphin mall is as crowded as always. I really wish you luck, don't be afraid of having to relocate, even out of state. Do what you need to do for your career.