Need information on SPC nursing program fall 2013
- 0Aug 6, '12 by cola101Hoping to get some answers. I feel like time is running out and I need to make a plan now of what to do. Recently moved to Pinellas county from Hillsborough county. How do I show proof I live in that county? I am living with a roommate now and want to apply there? I'll probably end up finishing up my last 3 classes needed to apply for SPC nursing this fall semester at HCC and hope to apply in March for the nursing program.
I just moved to Pinellas county and I want to make sure I have the appropriate documentation to show that I live in that county in order to be considered. I heard if you don't live in Pinellas county then you most likely won't be able to get in.
If all goes well this semester I'll have a 3.76-3.8 GPA at SPC but if they still consider me as still living in Hillsborough county then my chances will be slim to none in getting in. I do plan on applying to HCC for the fall as well but my chances of getting in there are slim just because I had to re take sociology 3 times, which puts my GPA down to 3.37.
Also, does SPC consider Intro to computers as part of the GPA to get in the program? I spoke to an advisor and she said they would consider that class as my computer literacy class that's required but I forgot to ask her if it would add on to my pre reqs GPA??? Thanks for your time.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 6, '12 : Reason: not an article, converted to thread
- 0Aug 7, '12 by Devon RexHello,
One thing I have learned in life is to go straight to the source. Do not get swayed by commnet on whether you might get admitteed or not. Just do your homework and provide what it is asked of you by the institution.
Here is the curriculum of SPC's ASN degree: Nursing R.N. | Degree Programs | SPC
Here is the curriculum of their BSN degree: Nursing | Degree Programs | SPC
SPC's Admission office: Steps to become a student at SPC
Regarding residency: Residency
** I think it's most important to determine whether you qualify for the Florida resident tuition rate, which is the most economical. If you haven't lived (anywhere) in FL for at least a year, your tuition cost will be higher in the first year.
Go for it! Don't worry about whether or not you would be accepted... you have a great GPA. You should ask yourself: Why wouldn't they!? Go with confidence!
Good luck to you!
- 0Aug 7, '12 by cola101Hi Devon! I have lived in FL for many years but just in a different county . That's what I was confused on . I went to speak to an advisor at SPC and she said I wouldn't get into the program because I don't live in pinellas county . Well I just moved in with my roommate in oldsmar so I don't know what I would need to show I now live in the county . ?
- 0Aug 7, '12 by MotocrossNurseQuote from cola101I would imagine you would need to show a new updated drivers license and maybe if there is a bill with your name and new address on it. You could always call admissions and see what they prefer.Hi Devon! I have lived in FL for many years but just in a different county . That's what I was confused on . I went to speak to an advisor at SPC and she said I wouldn't get into the program because I don't live in pinellas county . Well I just moved in with my roommate in oldsmar so I don't know what I would need to show I now live in the county . ?
- 0Sep 16, '12 by dp133As the last poster stated - it's really not a big deal. Get a DL made with you new address (legally you're supposed to do this anyways) you can also change the registration on your car - you might even get a break on your auto insurance. Can I ask why you didn't decide to do your last pre-regs at SPC? Please note I've heard of people having problems transferring their Micro credit from HCC. HCC uses a different course number - MCB -1000 vs. SPC's MCB -2010. I'm telling you this as if you're planning on taking Micro at HCC you probably will be one pre-req short with regards to your SPC application. Sorry for the bad news, I know it doesn't seem fair but know you're not the only person who has had to delay their application to the nursing program becuase they had to re-take micro at SPC.