Miami Dade College (MDC) Spring 2013 Gen. FT/PT& Accelerated Nursing program - Page 7Register Today!
- Ohh crap, I thought 73 was low and those who didn't do so hot on the teas had a chance of getting in. I got a 78 on the teas and it said my program percentile was an 86%. Does that percent even matter when being considered for admission?
- Sep 12, '12 by nursea92No. Its just gives you an idea of how many people did better than you. The later you took it, the more accurate the program percentile is. Looks like the average is higher this year. Last year it was in the 60s. Now I'm getting nervous.
- Sep 12, '12 by nursea92Which program did you apply to? I applied to Generic and bridge full time.
- Me too, I applied to both
- Sep 12, '12 by Wet NoodleIf the average TEAS V score was about 65 (it actually dropped slightly from last spring to fall for MDC ADN applicants), I don't see how it could be 73 now. That just doesn't add up.
- I agree that the avg seems higher, but that's what an advisor told me. Sometimes I think they don't give out accurate info until after they're done accepting students for the term.
- Sep 13, '12 by LouVellieYeah its crazy. I would have scored better if I would have studied english composition. I could not tell you the difference between an adverb and adjective for the life of me. But I would say that with any competitive score in the 80's is good. The girl that took it with me had a 4.0 GPA and scored an 88.9 on TEAS and she was nervous. I said, "Get out of here with that, you have nothing to worry about unless they lose your application."
- Sep 16, '12 by Raynay12Hello everyone: I applied for all program options for spring 2013, but my first choice is the bridge FT. I also applied at BC, and will apply to pbsc if they accept my chm 2045.
- Sep 16, '12 by nursea92Hey Raynay12. The bridge FT is also my first choice. Good luck =)
- Sep 17, '12 by joshscJust heard back from Advisement and according to them, the GPA used is "AS MY INST CUM PRO" which is your natural science GPA.
That includes the following classes:
They also said "The admission emails will start to go out to studentsí MyMDC accounts sometime in October. "