Broward College and HOSA pointsRegister Today!
- by RN2BKD Apr 25, '09Hey all......quick question....How does Broward College point system work and how does HOSA help you with points...for example I have a GPA of 3.3 in my pre-req...how much points is that and whats the hightest points you can receive and how much points would you get if you had HOSA....Thank you guys
- Apr 26, '09 by nlion87Plese review attached link for the answer to your question
- Apr 26, '09 by sunraygurlRN3.3 GPA would give you 9 pts, and HOSA would give you an additional 5, so you if you had both, you would have 13 pts.
HOSA is something you do while in high school, so if you don't have it done, there's no way to get it.
- Apr 27, '09 by RN2BFawnieYou also have to have taken HOSA at a school which has an agreement with BC (mainly Broward County schools) to get those 5 points. I had taken HOSA in High school (Marion County) and they accepted the class as a waiver for HCP but I did not get the 5 points because they did not have a curriculum agreement with my H.S. That really sucked.
- Apr 27, '09 by sunraygurlRNOh man, now THAT really stinks! I would have thought HOSA was HOSA. What a bummer!
Glad you got accepted, though. Good luck!
- May 20, '09 by futurenurse809so the hosa points is only for broward schools??????
- Jun 7, '12 by vloaiza09Hey,
do you know if there is a specific year your supposed to graduate with HOSA in highschool? because i graduated in 2009 and im not sure if it still counts :/ please help does anyone know?!