Broward College August 2013 - page 15
by Fearless_leader 55,114 Views | 396 Comments
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm starting this thread for students looking to start(ing), and (or) finishing there pre's by spring of 2013 at Broward College. Also for those who are entering (or) looking to enter the Nursing... Read More
- 0Apr 9, '13 by FutureNurseS.BrownQuote from Yankeesgirl907Congratulations on your marriage and good luck at Nova!!! I'm sorry things didn't go as you planned with Broward, but it's good to know that we all have other options, when plan A doesn't work out. I still have NOT taken the HESI and will probably do so at the end of the month or next month; Micro has given me a run for my money.I originally signed up for Micro to take over the summer but then dropped the class because I would literally be in class M,T,W,T and I'm getting married in May so I would be missing classes. I decided that if I take It in the fall I would have more options available like timing wise .. Maybe on the weekend or something. Actually I did not pass the HESI by 4 points. I got an 81 and they made the score 85. I'm done with Broward, I applied to Nova so I hope and pray I get in there... This 6 month waiting period to take the HESI again in BC is absolutely CRAZY. I'm not wasting away a year on nothing . Did you take it yet ?
I wish you the best of luck!!!!
P.S. that 6 month wait period really does suck
- 0Apr 9, '13 by FutureNurseS.BrownQuote from alokiheathHello alokiheath!! My plans for school is up in the air right now. I am planning on applying for Broward College in January, my original plans where to apply for August, but I was in a bad car accident and my vehicle was totalled . I was also looking into other schools but when I graduated high school, lots of years ago, I was granted a scholarship for Broward College's Nursing program, so I'm really leaning toward sticking with BC.FutureNurseS.Brown
What are your plans for school? When do you plan to attend and where? Is your GPA competitive and did you take the HESI?
Since this is a blog about BC program I would love to hear from anyone that wants to apply for broward, any insight to the HESI and would like to hear from anyone who is in nursing at broward now.
I plan to attend either August 2013 or January 2014, at South. My GPA currently is 3.5. I am currently taking MAC1105 and MCB2010/ with lab and after this semester it should go up. I have not taken the HESI yet but as soon as I do, I'll post about how it went.Last edit by FutureNurseS.Brown on Apr 9, '13
- 0Apr 10, '13 by CathydotcomHey everyone.. I wanted to join in this thread since I will be applying for the Fall 2013 program. I just wanted to say that I understand everyone's frustrations about all the changes BC has made in the past year or so! I spent all of last year setting up to apply for Winter 2013 only to get a pre-req GPA change and Hesi score change with no warnings!! Once I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it for Winter 2013 I got hit with their pre-req additions. Luckily I was preparing for a BSN so I had already taken MCB. Anyways I'll try to wrap this up... I'm rambling lol.. I'm re-taking a General Math course just so I can get my pre-req GPA higher and praying that I get in this Fall.. I also hope I don't have to take the Hesi exam again with this whole 6 month fiasco. (I took it twice before the change). My advice for you guys is don't give up I know it's annoying waiting for months or a year but the time will pass by anyways. There is a program out there for you! Stay focused and informed! Also.. don't trust your advisers so easily unless they are from the healthcare program. You won't believe all the conflicting "advice" I have received from counselors. Has anyone else developed a BC Nursing program phobia? I can't stop looking at the pre-req chart fingers crossed that nothing has changed lol.
- 0Apr 24, '13 by Fearless_leaderWelcome Cathydotcom. I too will no longer be with the 2013 group. However January 2014 I plan to be sitting in the BCC Nursing program. It's a bit frustrating with the changes that were made however; I feel it is to weed out the weak. That's just my opinion. Again welcome.
- 0Apr 24, '13 by FutureNurseS.BrownQuote from Fearless_leaderWelcome Cathydotcom. I too will no longer be with the 2013 group. However January 2014 I plan to be sitting in the BCC Nursing program. It's a bit frustrating with the changes that were made however; I feel it is to weed out the weak. That's just my opinion. Again welcome.
Hey Fearless_leader, I too will be joining BC's January 2014 Nursing program!!! Good luck everyone!!!!!
- 0I too am looking at Nova's program. I just wish it weren't so expensive. I recommend bringing your unofficial transcripts into to them and have them review it before spending the money on applying. I know they don't care about the HESI, but grades are vital. You need an over (cum) GPA of 3.0 plus at least a 3.0 in their pre-reqs.
- 0I too am looking at Nova's program. I just wish it weren't so expensive. I recommend bringing your unofficial transcripts into to them and have them review it before spending the money on applying. I know they don't care about the HESI, but grades are vital. You need an over all (cum) GPA of 3.0 plus at least a 3.0 in their pre-reqs.