2013 UF Accelerated BSN Applicants! - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 2 by rookiddI was told the end of February too when I asked the coordinator. I won't start stalking the mailbox until at least the last week of Feb.
- Feb 2 by docosaSomeone sent my a private message asking: "I wanted to ask where you heard that UF takes more than 27 people? as a UF student, I was told they only take around 25 people! but if they take more I am interested to hear about it! thanks in advance!" Apparently I can't do private messages yet because I haven't been active enough on the site, so here's my answer: I had lunch with someone in the ABSN program and she described it to me.
- Feb 2 by nettegatorHere's a link to the CON facebook where they posted a photo of the ABSN students last year. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0847128&type=3 There's about 50. My husband's UF ABSN class had about 50 people in it a few years ago.
- Feb 3 by CaveDiverWhen I met with one of the program coordinators this summer, I was told that they admit around 60-65 students for the program. I also tried to shadow some nurses, but it's pretty close to impossible here in Gainesville. I'm not sure why it's so much easier to shadow a doctor than a nurse? I ended up shadowing a surgeon in Ohio, who let me spend a lot of time with the nursing staff; it was really important to me since I have no prior nursing experience and I wanted to make sure I would be a good fit for such a demanding field.
- Feb 3 by GatorLoveDoes anyone know how many people usually apply or have applied this year?
- Feb 4 by gatorguy3380Hi GatorLove,
I have not heard anything regarding the number of applicants.... but if the traffic here is any indication it may be less than last year... but that may just be wishful thinking.
- Feb 4 by trinity09Will they tell us via email, or do I need to be looking for a letter in the mail?
- Feb 4 by gatorguy3380If it is the same as last year, they will let us know by mail.
- Feb 6 by GatorLoveWell....It's February 6th....we're getting closer
I believe they let us know by mail....large envelope, acceptance...small envelope, rejection...or at least that's how it was last year.
I applied to USF and they said they have about 300 applicants per year. Maybe it's around the same for UF but I'm hoping it's smaller this year! lol
- Feb 11 by nettegatorsooooo I say we have entered mid-February
This has officially consumed my thoughts. Yep, they have either (1) looked at our applications or (2) are currently looking at them. EEK! Why does the shortest month of the year seem sooooooo long?