ENPC v.s PEPPRegister Today!
- by Belle12 Jun 23, '07Does anyone have any recommendations as to which class is "better"? I've heard mixed opinions about both. Please enlighten me
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=231999©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,695 Views
- Jun 26, '07 by phiposurdeI never did the PEPP( but now I want to8). When I did the ENPC, it was long, boring and very lecture oriented. It could be possible that it was the instructor but I got the feeling it was the format of the course. I didn't felt I was more prepare to handle kids! But that my opinion!8)
- Jun 27, '07 by phiposurdeI was talking to an other pediatric RN and she said :"if I woudn't work all the time with kids. I would have not took anything out of that course or understand it. "
- Jun 27, '07 by Belle12Thanks for the comments...I am taking this course at the end of July. I will post my comments about the course then
- Jun 27, '07 by SpiritRNDepends what your needs are. I feel that ENPC is a better course for nurses. There is a lot of focus on triage and recognizing sick kid. PEPP is obviously more for pre-hospital providers, make sure you take the two day advanced course if you are going to spend the time. I have taked PALS, ENPC and PEPP and like ENPC the most.
- Jun 27, '07 by traumaRUsI teach both courses: ENPC is a better fit for ER nurses IMHO as above poster states. It is a lot of info crammed into two days. However, it hits you hard with assessment - the abilty to tell when a child is acutely ill or injured.
PEPP is more the triangle approach with the ability to tell if the child is critical or not and then rapidly treat and transport - I equate this more for pre-hospital folks.