Ways For New Nurses To Make Extra MoneyRegister Today!
- by godbless-yute Dec 10, '08I'm a junior nursing student, so I still have a little while before this even applies to me. I have tons of student loans (from nursing and a previous degree) that are gonna start beating down my door after graduation. I'm trying to think of ways new grad nurses can make extra money. Hopefully you can help. I know lots of nurses work second jobs PRN. How long do you need to be a nurse before someone will hire you PRN? What other options do new grads have for making extra money???
- Dec 10, '08 by cpacia124after you graduate having clinical experience and lecture you might want to try being a caregiver..
you can also ask check with your nursing dept at school what jobs might be available. i would just have a resume ready =)
- Dec 11, '08 by MelinurseI am a new grad working prn at 2 LTC facilities and working prn agency. Go ahead and apply. You make more as prn but no benefits and no shift differential, holiday extra pay, etc. There are pros and cons to it. Be sure to ask lots of questions especially about training and make sure they understand you are a new grad.
- Dec 14, '08 by NeoNurseTXat my hospital you can sign up for extra shifts..you get OT and you're in your familiar facility.
- Dec 14, '08 by RNruralAfter graduating in May my loans have become due as well. To make extra money I also work extr shifts at the hospital I am employed at. I also take call for the Hospice in our area and sometimes see their pts. These all help pay the bills.