Some Information - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 2, '12 by dreambecomingrealityHey girls. Thanks so much for the information above. I too have decided to go the excelsior route. I am so nervous about the exams. Right now I'm studying for the Health and Safety exam that I plan on taking soon. I'm trying to stay focused and motivated.
Btw, I agree with MonaLisa, Jessica you are my motivation.
- Sep 3, '12 by jessica.bradingAhh thank you ladies! I am happy that I can be your motivation and if you ever have any questions feel free to message me. I will always offer any advice that I can! I am so glad this board is here for us.
- Sep 4, '12 by g8sushmathank you for all the information and answering all of my questions!!!
and i have the fundamentals book but the 6th edition do you think i should buy the new edition?
- Sep 4, '12 by nursemami4I used an older edition of the med surg book and to be honest I rarely used my text books. I mainly used study group 101, the excelsior study content guide and looked up all info, and did all the practice exams. You should be fine with the older edition, the info is about the same. I also used my old maternity and mental health text from when I was in my LPN program. Everyone does have a different way to study and we all use what works best for us. Best of luck on your journey and def use all nurses as a way to find motivation/support as we all are here for one another and do understand as we were/are in the same spot as you!
- Feb 15 by Msmytch1Well said girl thanks... I needed that !
- Feb 20 by mscryslvnI know these posts are kinda last year... Lol but I am a LVN an have some questions about Excelsior. I just recently passed my LVN Boards 3mths ago. :-D which was a long 21mth LVN Night program... Which was horrendous!! School Mon-Fri 5-9, sometimes 10-11p for clinicials. All while being a mom, wife and Full time employee. I want to complete my bridge, but would like to know the best option... I have heard good/bad about EC. I have no pre reqs, just my LVN.
- How long will this estimated program take?
- Is it truly at my pace?
- Will I have to take an entrance exam, or is my LVN sufficient?
- What is the cost of the program?
Any help/advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
- Feb 20 by JustBeachyNurseAre you in TX or CA? Excelsior is not accepted in CA.
Here are the admissions requirements: Admission Requirements for Associate Degree in Nursing Programs - excelsior.edu
Tuition & Fees information: Excelsior College fees and tuition - excelsior.edu
Other information about Excelsior College's School of Nursing: Associates Degrees Nursing | Nursing Degrees, Programs | Distance - excelsior.edu
You can find a lot of information in this thread started by an EC Alum/All Nurses staff member LunahRN: http://allnurses.com/excelsior-colle...ce-808335.html
- Feb 20 by mscryslvnI am in Tx. Thanks so much for the links. :-D