OMG I failed LS3 againRegister Today!
This is a discussion on OMG I failed LS3 again in Excelsior College Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I am so upset and honestly feel like a failure! I thought I studied enough, but obviously I did...by NvRGvUp Jul 13, '12I am so upset and honestly feel like a failure! I thought I studied enough, but obviously I did not! Now on top of believing that I am a failure I have to face family and friends....I just don't no what to do...or where to turn to.....someone please help me...or PM me....I am drowing....full of sadness and sorrow...this was supposed to be my last exam....
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=756965©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,136 Views
- Jul 13, '12 by buckshotHow many times have you taken this exam? You can take it up to four times. LS3 has the highest rate for students having to re-take it so know that you are not the only one!
- Jul 13, '12 by QuenymamiRNI used study guide 101 for this test and passed 1st time. Good luck.
- Jul 13, '12 by nursewithskillsI know the feeling and I'm sorry.
Please get these two NCLEX books if you do not have them
already. The questions from these books are VERY helpful and similar
to the topics covered like excelsior exams:
1. NCLEX made incredibly easy. Question and Answers 5th edition
2. Saunders Q&A Review Nclex RN examination 4th edition. (With CD so you can focus on specific topics)
I know if it wasn't for the grace of God, these two nclex books and practice exams from
excelsior, I would not have passed these exams first try.
I spent 185 bucks on about 5 to 6 nclex books...those two were
much easier to read/understand the concepts and straight to
the point. That's the key, in my opinion.
I bought the first nclex book, NCLEX made incredibly easy, from barnes and nobles
for about 45 bucks. May be cheaper elsewhere like amazon, ebay, etc.
Saunders review I got off amazon for 17 bucks. Please get the saunders nclex book
WITH the CD because the book has all the subject questions mixed which is
a little annoying when trying to find the subject questions you need.
ALSO, Look at the Exam content guide from the excelsior website (downloadable documents)
and look at the topics that are being covered for the exam. Focus more study time on
the topics that are MORE HEAVILY weighed in grading (but don't neglect the others).
Those are the question that you may see the most. At the end of the exam content guide are about 20 to 30 practice exam question. Read and study the rationales they may come up on actual exam.
Read and study the practice exams from excelsior. After studying
Exam A and B for any exam, I notice those are the materials that the exam focuses the most on.
With that in mind, when I get to my nclex books I focus more on those topics.
Yes, the exam will have random questions that will make you say, "Huh?" But that's
when the critical thinking comes in.
The NURSING PROCESS does help answer questions, so use it especially if in doubt!!
Studying this way help you understand the concept of the subject in question even if they ask it
a million different ways and not waste time on material that you may never see on exam.
The more questions and rationales you read/study the more the concept of the material
will become imbedded in your brain. (that's the same way I pass nclex-pn)
I'm not sure how you were studying but all those information can get overwhelming.
You will pass it the next time around and move on to the next step towards your RN!
- Jul 14, '12 by NvRGvUpThank you so much nurse with skills! I have met so many amazing people on this site...and you are one of them....thank you for your kind words...I have saunders and I just purchased the incredibly easy book.....thank you so much
- Aug 10, '12 by stefanie0202Quote from NvRGvUpGirl!!!I am so upset and honestly feel like a failure! I thought I studied enough, but obviously I did not! Now on top of believing that I am a failure I have to face family and friends....I just don't no what to do...or where to turn to.....someone please help me...or PM me....I am drowing....full of sadness and sorrow...this was supposed to be my last exam....
Me and my study partner both faied this exam 3 weeks ago and are also super discouraged!!! where are you located? Maybe we can skype and all study together
- Aug 10, '12 by KitkatPRNIf you don't have test anxiety, then perhaps you need a different way to study? Here's how I've studied so far: (hope it can help) I like to download the studyguide, and the scroll through it on the computer, writing down key terms that look important, or I don't recognize. Then I look these up, and study them. I use a seperate notebook to then transfer anything I want to study at the "last hour", before the test. So, nothing goes into that notebook, unless it is super hard for me remember or grasp. An example would be: learning gravida vs. parity ... I just couldn't get it, so that went in my "last hour" notebook. Also, I write all meds down together, they are TOO hard to remember but seem easier when grouped together. Also, when you're studying always consider the "nursing interventions" that may be important for a given topic. When studying sickle cell anemia, I felt it was important to learn how to help someone in "crisis" vs. the size, shape of the RBC's, etc. One last note, the nursing process and nursing interventions are the most important thing to know.
Good luck !! :heartbeat Hang in there !! It's worth it !! :heartbeat
- Aug 10, '12 by monalisa lpnI just failed chronicity for the second time a little frustrated I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong i must multiple resources just puzzled i have all the life spans left and trying to reach the nov fcca Deadline
- Aug 10, '12 by KitkatPRNI'm trying to meet that deadline, too. I got A's on all the tests, and a C on Chronicity. I did really bad on the cultural/ethnic part. Did you get a printout to look at, that shows you where you did poorly, and where you did good.
- Aug 10, '12 by BLAKEY2005Sorry to hear Monalisa about Chronicity but don't give up it happens to the best of us.... Taking this in 2 weeks!