Excelsior LPN to RN. looking for opinions.
- 0Jan 23 by jessahanneI'm very interested to hear of others who've completed this within two years and would love specifics! I'm also curious to hear about the clinical test at the end.
- 545 Views
- 1Jan 24 by Pixie.RN Asst. AdminI have a couple of links for you to read:
It took me one year, one month, and one day from my first exam (A&P, 14 May 2007) to the completion of the CPNE (15 June 2008). This was before there was an FCCA that takes 8 weeks, so there is a little bit of lack of timeline control with that. But it's doable within two years for sure. Good luck!
- 1Jan 25 by UltraposhTons have completed within two years. In fact I think 2 years is a long time. Search older threads using keywords like "excelsior lpn-rn". Ive learned a lot and most likely will go through Excelsior. Search for help with all your tests. There are a lot of recommendations for material and advice for different tests in older threads.
- 1Jan 25 by BrillyD16 months start to finish, took the NCLEX in December and passed with 75 questions! Try to get most of your pre reqs done before you enroll by clep or dsst then you might not have to pay the 2nd year fee. As for the CPNE - nerve racking but doable! Confidence and keeping your anxiety under control is the key to the clinical and do everything exactly the way the carjack tells you. It's probably a good thing that there is a 3-6 month wait - it really gives you time to concentrate and practice. I do recommend studygroup101 study guides, they were invaluable to me.
- 0Jan 28 by jessahanneThank you very much everyone! I am going to knock out the gen eds for now and then decide. I have a possibility of starting an LPN to RN program in August. It's just about two years long. If I am not accepted, excelsior is the route I'll take. I am just setting doable goals and hopefully I'll be RN before 2016!