Excelsior College Nursing / LPN to RN / AdviceRegister Today!
- by KitkatPRN Apr 28, '12Hello,
looking for advice regarding the Excelsior College of Nursing LPN to RN degree. I just enrolled, and am looking for some "words of wisdom". Thanks, Marianne
- 13,109 Views
- Apr 28, '12 by caliotter3There are many useful threads and posts in the Excelsior forum. Spend some time looking through it and you will find many tips that you can adopt for your own use.
- May 2, '12 by LunahRNI've moved this to the Excelsior-specific forum: Excelsior College Online Nursing Degrees for Nurses | Nursing Students
- May 7, '12 by KitkatPRNThanks, I couldn't find it :bowingpur
- Well, I'm enrolled now and studying to take the Health Safety Test. I'm a little disappointed that my initital evaluation showed more classes transferring than actually transferred, after I paid $975 then the "official" transcipt showed that I'd have to take college English and a humanities course !! ugh, initally my written communication & speech transferred. OH !! and MIRCRO, too. Yikes !! More than I bargained for at first, but there's no turning back now !!
- May 9, '12 by Glenna, LPNI am taking micro at the community college. I am planing to finish up a few more classes...but that kinda scares me that micro didn't transfer for you. I'm hating that class, it is the devil. Did they tell you why those classes didn't transfer?
- They said my Microbiology class wasn't complete enough (I'll give them that, I did take it 18 years ago ). Oh, I did call and talk to my advisor today and got the Humanities requirement covered by having her go back over my transferred credits. Initially my Written communications was excluded (for the English requirement), but she let it go for the humanities requirement instead, great news !!
- May 9, '12 by Glenna, LPNThat is great news about your Humanities credits! Thank goodness. This now allows you to focus more on more of the core studies. Not to mention, being able to save yourself a few bucks. I wish you the best of luck with everything. I will soon be following after you this summer.
- Thanks Glenna, the next few months will be so exciting for you !! Good luck with the NCLEX !! Enjoy & Treasure your accomplishment because we know how hard nursing school is !!
and Lunah thanks for info. regarding Penn Foster, I'm looking into it !! :-)
- Jun 10, '12 by Berty07designHi everyone ! Congrats to all nurses and future ones , keep up the hard work guys. I'm a new Florida LPN just passed Nclex -85 questions first attempt , thank God. But I wanna go to Lpn -Rn online program ASAP . Thinking about Ga endorsement . Do you think I will get it without work experience . Also which online school to do my Rn you recommend . Please help me . God bless you all -