Excelsior College Nursing / LPN to RN / Advice - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 27 by BrillyDI have a friend in a formal, very reputable ADN nursing program, and they are indeed doing care plans. She was just complaining that her first one was 35 pages, but she now has it down to 10. IMHO anyone can click some little boxes on a screen, but shouldn't you know the how and why of a care plan? And the CPNE manual tells you everything you need to know - if your coworker said she would keep the patients head up, my question would be 'how?' - a pillow? ? - The manual says 'elevate to 45 degree angle' so that is what I'm gonna say. A small thing - yes, but we need to be precise and exact, we aren't gonna be there to 'wing it'. The CPNE is to show the examiners that you do indeed know your stuff - and I intend to be one of the majority (63% isn't it?) who pass the first time. That would be my 2 cents.....
- Mar 28 by Lpn stuckQuote from LunahRNHi I just joined this site to talk to someone about excelsior I graduate with lpn may 17! I am registered for ADN completion however I'd prefer doing it online if possible since I'm a single mother and don't want to live my son for work and school. My ultimate goal is CRNA and I seen your currently an ER nurse will you please be willing to talk to me PLEASE wig adviceThe school is not a scam, nor is it a "quick RN." It's definitely not easy! When students sign up, they should be aware of what the CPNE entails. You are not getting the whole picture from your coworkers, either -- you don't fail the CPNE for just one thing. I passed my CPNE on the first try, and many other students do as well. YMMV.
- Mar 29 by LunahRNQuote from Lpn stuckI saw in your other post that you are in the Chicago area, correct? If so, I'd recommend another route for your RN -- Illinois will only allow EC grad RNs to work in Illinois by endorsing their licenses in with two years of work experience. This is going to be a far more difficult way for you to obtain your RN and work where you live. That's my advice ... sorry! You can see the EC state board requirements here: State Board Requirements - excelsior.eduHi I just joined this site to talk to someone about excelsior I graduate with lpn may 17! I am registered for ADN completion however I'd prefer doing it online if possible since I'm a single mother and don't want to live my son for work and school. My ultimate goal is CRNA and I seen your currently an ER nurse will you please be willing to talk to me PLEASE wig advice
- Apr 5 by aywlany canadian are doing LPN-ADN from this college now? I need some advice
- Apr 9 by NursePalHello Everyone!!!! I am confused about Excelsior??? They have nursing "online" courses available right now, for example, the Essentials of Nursing: Health Safety, which starts in May. Do I have to register for that course? Or can I just study, take practice exams and take the examination? The new ADN Pilot program is confusing me and I am not about to give $1k for each course.
Nevermind I found it. I was right.Last edit by NursePal on Apr 9
- Apr 10 by BBartonCan you tell me what EC requires for math? I have my A&P's, micro, Chem, English, psych, ect... Just no math courses.
- Apr 11 by BBartonWhat is Alkes ?
- Apr 11 by BBartonWhat is ALEKS?