CPNE Lab station set upRegister Today!
This is a discussion on CPNE Lab station set up in Excelsior College Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I just purchased the lab station kit from excelsior to practice my labs and am wondering how others...by lpnpa Mar 20I just purchased the lab station kit from excelsior to practice my labs and am wondering how others have set up their lab stations at home, specifically the iv meds..as I don't have a pole to hang the bags on. Any suggestions/advice?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=822687©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 630 Views
- Mar 20 by LunahRN
- Mar 20 by lpnpaAwesome! thank you Lunah! Did you take any workshops before your test date? Also, any tips/advice/suggestions you want to throw at me are greatly appreciated! I am testing in Chambersburg, if you happen to know anything about that location. Thanks again!
- Mar 20 by LunahRNI took Tina Logan's workshop, but she has since retired from the workshop business. A lot of people I know are finding great success with Sheri Taylor (cpneworkshop.com), both the in-person and online versions, or one or the other. I don't know much about Chambersburg, other than hearing good things about it in general.
- Mar 21 by tnmarieI did a thread asking for tips to set up my lab and it has great tips including how to make an IV pole using a cheap lamp:
I also did a detailed word document with pics based on the tips I received there:
Did you get the needle kit and the wound? If not, I highly recommend that you do.
- Mar 21 by BerryHappyI used the closet rod with a hanger for my IV station. I used one of those hangers that had a spot to hook on the corners of the shirt. The big hook held the primary bag and the little blue dohickey to drop the primary bag, and the corner catcher thing on the hanger is where I would hook the medication bag. It was kind of nice to be able to close the closet door and not have to pull the whole station down.
- Mar 28 by anjule18I use my coat rack. It works wonderfully for me. I see your testing in Chambersburg. I am testing there in April. Good Luck to you!!