CPNE ? - Drug BookRegister Today!
- by BeachCathyRN Apr 15, '12For those of you who have done the CPNE did you take a drug book and if so do you have to carry it the whole time-because those things are heavy! Thanks in advance. :heartbeat
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=698022©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 590 Views
- Apr 15, '12 by LunahRNI did take my own -- I'm sure each nursing unit at my CPNE site had one, but I sat with a bunch of drug books at Borders until I picked the one I liked best, and I wanted to make sure I had access to it (I didn't want to hear something from my CE at the CPNE like, "Hmmmm, I'm sure it's around here somewhere, let's look," as the clock ticked away during my PCS). My CE also gave me a place where I could leave my diagnosis and drug books while I was in the patient's rooms during the PCS, and that is where I returned to do my charting as well.
- Apr 17, '12 by BeachCathyRNThanks Lunah - that is what I did the other day sat at Barnes and Noble going through each one. Also remember so many floors where I said the same thing "where is that drug book" So back to Barnes and Noble I go!!
- Apr 21, '12 by MsPCSo Lunah, which drug book did you end up with liking best? My Barnes and Noble has them behind the counter so you can't look at it before you buy it, but you can return it within fifteen days /shrug. I understand your rational for buying one and wish to do the same! So I figured I would start with one someone suggests instead of just guessing... Thanks in Advance for your help.
- Apr 21, '12 by LunahRNI ended up with the Saunders one. I look at Davis, Saunders, Mosby's... liked Saunders best, for whatever reason at the time (it's been almost four years!).
- Apr 22, '12 by MsPCThanks Lunah, gives me somewhere to start since I can't look at them before buying them.
- Apr 24, '12 by BeachCathyRNJust got back from Sheri Taylor's workshop and everyone there had the Mosby's. By the way the workshop was fantastic learned so much and confirmed I think I can do this!!! Which is good since I leave in 16 days for Utica.