When you first start writing for hire you may only get $10 an article. But if you are writing about a health related topic that you are very familiar with you can write an article in about 15 minutes. If you look for IM forums on google then you can register with them and post in the "for hire" section.
There are many other ways to make money with your nursing knowledge such as:
* becoming an affiliate marketer selling other peoples products.
* having a paid health related membership site
* write PLR (private label rights) articles for other membership sites
* write an ebook, submit it to Kindle
and get paid each time someone buys your book.
* write a 50 page ebook submit it to a digital marketplace and have other affiliates sell your digital book. (If 1000 IM'rs sold your book you would receive 25K)
(Create multiple digital products and have internet marketers sell your products and you will continue to be paid over and over for your writing.)
* Read your ebook and create an MP3 of it and/or burn it to a CD. The physical copy can be sold on eBay. They no longer allow selling digital downloads of ebooks.
There are many different ways to make money online but you have to be able to focus for long periods of time, have patience and a lightening fast internet connection.
I hope this helps.