Looking to get ready to take TNCCRegister Today!
- by magg1107 Jul 17, '10Hello
I am currently working on a med/surg/tele unit. I am looking to break into the ER. I already have ACLS and am pretty good at interperting rhythms. I am planning on taking the TNCC, but would like to begin to prepare for the course by getting some books to begin studying myself.
Does anybody out there have any recomendations?
Thank's in advance to anyone who might respond.
- Jul 17, '10 by magg1107Thank you so much, I will look that book up.
- Jul 17, '10 by dthfytrThe TNCC equivelant of the ACLS megacode is the head to toe assesment. It also has the PIA element that you may think it, but if you don't say it, it doesn't count. For that test I usually start by saying "all c-spines are fractured until proven otherwise, and as I do my assesment I will continually re-evaluate." That take care of a couple of easy to miss mandatories. Learn the evaluation list they give you by heart, ABC's of course, but last time I took it it continued up to g or h. It's a great course, I've never heard anybody disagree that every nurse could benefit from it. Good luck and enjoy.
- Jul 18, '10 by WonderRNWhen do you take yours? I take mine July 28/29th.....
I'll tell you how it went after I take it, and see if I can give you any pointers, since I will be freshly certified (i hope:uhoh21
- Jul 18, '10 by magg1107My clinical educator mentioned that class in late july, however i just got back from vacation and did not feel i would have enough time to truly study. I am not sure when I will be taking the class, only that my educator will give me enough time to register and study this time.
Good luck with your class and test, i have no doubts you will do fine