ER Nurse Salary??Register Today!
- by honeyrosc Feb 8, '08Hello, I was talking to a classmate and he said that his mom is the head er nurse and is making close to $200, 000 a year, and i was thinking no way!! Is this true, because I have never heard of a nurse making that much
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=280719©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 48,465 Views
- Feb 8, '08 by DixieleeQuote from hanaleia01The only way they could be making that is as a traveler with lots and lots of overtime! It could be that she is a FNP working in ER, but even they do not generally make that much without lots of hours.Hello, I was talking to a classmate and he said that his mom is the head er nurse and is making close to $200, 000 a year, and i was thinking no way!! Is this true, because I have never heard of a nurse making that much
I have made as high as $38/hr and double overtime. That is with a travel company with full benefits. If you elect no benefits, you can make a little more, but no more than 20%.
If she is putting in the hours to make that much money, she must not have any quality of life!
- Feb 8, '08 by Larry77I've known many nurses who frequently make over 100k/yr but never heard of over 200k...sounds good though
- Mar 16, '08 by summersentQuote from Larry77really do they do a lot of overtime to make 100K?I've known many nurses who frequently make over 100k/yr but never heard of over 200k...sounds good though
- Mar 17, '08 by Dave11She would have to be a VP at a major hospital or some such to be pulling in that kind of money.
really do they do a lot of overtime to make 100K?
- Mar 17, '08 by KatieBellIf she is the Nurse Manager at a large facility this might be possible, because she is then in some sort of salaried position. And perhaps she is not really the Head RN, but instead the person who overseas allof trauma services. However, Over the years I have found most people tend to exaggerate,and this sounds like exaggeration to me.
- Mar 18, '08 by LilgirlRNIf she is the "head ER nurse" it may be possible. One place I worked paid the managers "incentives" to keep costs down. My boss was very good at it. She had a brand new home and a lake home too.
- Feb 25, '10 by sparklyliteweekend cadre (with full benefits) in MI make six figures, with a lil bit of overtime. We work 3 twelve hour shifts Fri-Sun. With shift we are over $47 an hour...and cost of living here is low....
- May 31, '10 by grdmdbnj community hospice
working 4 to 5 days a week with some weekends and oncall if needed
anywhere from 28 to 45 an hr
smaller private companies pay less... hospital based hospice pay more..
always rushing... always.... loaded down with paper or computer work... (hrs of it)
but if you like hospice and you like being a little manic.... ITS A GREAT JOB
- Jun 3, '10 by siegolindoRNthe only nurse i know that made that much is a gentleman with over 20 years experience who also happens to be the only PICC RN in our entire facility. Hes staff in the ED M,W,TH and PICC RN the rest of the days. He tends to work straight for many consecutive days without a break but then he takes 2 one month periods off during the year. I don't think hes married and he doesn't have children.