ER Nurse Salary??
- 0Feb 8, '08 by honeyroscHello, I was talking to a classmate and he said that his mom is the head er nurse and is making close to $200, 000 a year, and i was thinking no way!! Is this true, because I have never heard of a nurse making that much
- 0Feb 8, '08 by DixieleeQuote from hanaleia01The only way they could be making that is as a traveler with lots and lots of overtime! It could be that she is a FNP working in ER, but even they do not generally make that much without lots of hours.Hello, I was talking to a classmate and he said that his mom is the head er nurse and is making close to $200, 000 a year, and i was thinking no way!! Is this true, because I have never heard of a nurse making that much
I have made as high as $38/hr and double overtime. That is with a travel company with full benefits. If you elect no benefits, you can make a little more, but no more than 20%.
If she is putting in the hours to make that much money, she must not have any quality of life!
- 1Mar 17, '08 by Dave11She would have to be a VP at a major hospital or some such to be pulling in that kind of money.
really do they do a lot of overtime to make 100K?
- 2Mar 17, '08 by KatieBellIf she is the Nurse Manager at a large facility this might be possible, because she is then in some sort of salaried position. And perhaps she is not really the Head RN, but instead the person who overseas allof trauma services. However, Over the years I have found most people tend to exaggerate,and this sounds like exaggeration to me.
- 0May 31, '10 by grdmdbnj community hospice
working 4 to 5 days a week with some weekends and oncall if needed
anywhere from 28 to 45 an hr
smaller private companies pay less... hospital based hospice pay more..
always rushing... always.... loaded down with paper or computer work... (hrs of it)
but if you like hospice and you like being a little manic.... ITS A GREAT JOB
- 1Jun 3, '10 by siegolindoRNthe only nurse i know that made that much is a gentleman with over 20 years experience who also happens to be the only PICC RN in our entire facility. Hes staff in the ED M,W,TH and PICC RN the rest of the days. He tends to work straight for many consecutive days without a break but then he takes 2 one month periods off during the year. I don't think hes married and he doesn't have children.