Dialysis system in US?Register Today!
- by pineau Aug 8, '12Dear all,
Can someone explain me how does the amercian dialysis system work?
Are dialysis provided by private companies or public?
Thanks for your answers
- Aug 8, '12 by TheCommuterPrivate, investor-owned companies own the vast majority of the outpatient dialysis centers in the US. Sometimes you will find a dialysis unit inside a publicly-owned hospital. However, most hemodialysis treatments are performed at centers owned by corporate shareholders.
- Aug 8, '12 by pineauI found a list of some :
-Dialysis corporation of america
-Renal care group
are they the main players? Do you have other names in mind?
- Aug 10, '12 by pineauDo you know if these groups use their own prefilled syringe of saline flush solution or they use famous brand like excelsior, covidien, hospira...?
- Aug 10, '12 by traumaRUsNo prefilled syringes, the RNs and techs fill the syringes themselves.
- Aug 13, '12 by pineauWhat is RNs?
- Aug 13, '12 by pineauAre you saying that dialysis centers in the US do not use prefilled syringes? Why? Will it chnage in the future?
What tye of containers they use to fill syringes (vials or bags), which one is the more widespread?
- Aug 13, '12 by traumaRUsRN - registered nurse. No, I would highly doubt if dialysis will ever use prefilled syringes as they are more expensive than having staff fill them. The staff fills them from 25ml bottles.
- Aug 18, '12 by GeauxNursingWe fill syringes from the liter bag of normal saline.