I have a question about MRDD facilities hiring LPN"sRegister Today!
- by bumble bee 15 Nov 30, '09does anyone know if MRDD facilities hire LPN's I live in N.Y. I was told that years ago LPN's were hired to work with the MRDD population but they have been replaced by R.N. Is this true?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=441798©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Dec 4, '09 by Aussie19I would say it would probably depend on the facility. The agency I work for has hired LPN's for some positions but must have RN's in other positions. Good luck.
- Dec 5, '09 by bumble bee 15May I ask what agency?
- Dec 16, '09 by nursepjs50Depends on your state requirements. I work for an agency that have group homes and waiver homes. All staff nurses are LPN,s but we have a DON who is a RN. The agency I work for is in 38 states and 5 countries. But from what my understanding it varies from state to state.I have been doing this for 11 years.
- Dec 16, '09 by nursepjs50Sure.. ResCare. I believe we are in New york, but not 100 % sure. We have a web site you can check out.. WWW.ResCare,com. Hope that helps
- Dec 20, '09 by bumble bee 15thank you nursepjs50 for the information
- Dec 21, '09 by nursepjs50Your Welcome.. I hope that help you.
- Dec 27, '09 by aussiemomBefore college, I worked in an IRA (individualized residential alternative...aka "group home") operated by a voluntary agency in NY. As a residential staff member, we were trained to administer medication to our residents under the license of a RN. At the agency where I worked most recently, we used all RNs in our IRAs, and a RN supervised the respite facility.
- Dec 28, '09 by nursepjs50It depends on you states and agency's requirements.I am an LPN and have been working in group homes for 11 years. We also have over 60 Waiver sites which all have LPN'S. We have one RN who is our DON. I am in Indiana, but the company I am with has sites in 38 states and 5 countries. Good luck in your search...