CCRN EXAMRegister Today!
- by henryburdick Mar 11, '12Our ICU is now mandating us to pass the CCRN exam. Could some of you share how you studied to pass this?
- Mar 12, '12 by ukstudenti hope if they are mandating this, they are at least paying for it. i listened to laura gasparis cd's in the car driving in and out of work. i also bought a used ccrn book that was all questions. studied seriously for about 2-3 weeks prior to test. passed with a score of 108.
this is the book that i used.
[color=#004b91]critical care examination review revised by [color=#004b91]laura gasparis vonfrolio and [color=#004b91]joanne noone (jan 1998)
- Mar 29, '12 by TopSICU NurseI think obtaining your CCRN should be optional..... But it is a great thing to have. I Just Passed my exam today. It was such a good feeling to have passed it. I used Pass CCRN!, AACN core review and i listened to CCRN podcast by Med -best on itunes, and that is completley free!!! Try those they should help. It helped me!!Last edit by TopSICU Nurse on Mar 29, '12 : Reason: spelling
- Apr 5, '12 by turnforthenurseRNCheck out Pass CCRN! by Robin Donohoe Dennison. Very informative and the CD is great for practice but the book is also written in outline format.
- Aug 1, '12 by islandbeachkevinDid you take it yet?
- Aug 4, '12 by raedar63Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio CD's or vidieos make learning FUN!(they are the same info so do not buy both) Or she has a book that has lots of questons with rationales . I attended one of her two day seminars and it really was great .
- Aug 29, '12 by CCRN86I just passed last week. I watched the Laura Gasparis DVDs and then studied her examination questions book. It is divided into systems and has good rationales for each correct answer. Good luck.
- Oct 18, '12 by strandedI'm studying for CCRN, currently using PASS CCRN and Laura G CDs. BUT does anyone have any suggestions for studying hemodynamics? The pacep.org site is no longer available. Also, any good podcasts out there? I have a LONG commute and like podcasts for extra learnin'.
Many thanks for any suggestions!!
- Dec 29, '12 by *LadyNurse*I'm studying for CCRN myself. I have the LGV DVDs, the Pass CCRN book/CD, and I have been listening to the podcasts on itunes. I plan on taking it in January 2013. I feel like I may be ready. I am consistantly scoring 110-117 out of 150 on the practice exams.
On the aacn website the new updated score is 89/125.
I'll keep you guys posted.
- Dec 29, '12 by *LadyNurse*I am using the Cammy House-Fancher, ACNP podcasts.
They were free on itunes