RN working as LVN in correctional facility.Register Today!
- by Daisy212 Oct 4, '11Does anybody know if an RN can work as an LVN in a correctional facility in the state of California? I Couldnt find any information about this on the BRN website. Thanks for the Help!
- Oct 5, '11 by mom35I am running across this too in TX. Were told that only needed one rn, but would hire RN as LVN but at RN rate.
- Oct 27, '11 by Daisy212Thank you for the advice.
- Oct 27, '11 by caliotter3I would contact the State personnel board and ask about this. When I inquired, there were positions listed for both the RN and LVN level, so I would assume one would have no problem qualifying at the RN level and receiving the RN level of pay. Call them and ask.
- Oct 28, '11 by Esme12You need to check with the board. The facility is getting away with robbery paying a LPN salary and having an RN for if anyting goes wrong you will be held accountable as a RN becaue you are one.