CA/ State Prison RN job question - page 11
by mixyplixy 137,529 Views | 132 Comments
Hi..I am thinking of taking a position in San Quentin or Folsom/ Sacramento...if you work there would love some feedback about how you enjoy your work, working for the state etc...thanks!... Read More
- 0Dec 27, '10 by knealmy time-line was 10/15/10 took online exam. 2-3 weeks later i received inquiries with deadline of11/15/10. I was asked to interview for high desert on 12/1/10 and references were contacted two days later. Hired 12/16/10. YEAAY!!!!
some of the places i returned inquires for never contacted me for interview. check rank/sequence #. i believe hr is only allowed to typically invite those w/ 3 or above to interview and san quentin informed me they are only interviewing from rank#1. good luck!!!!
- 3Jan 8, '11 by knealThank you!
I was interviewed by three people, 2 nursing supervisors and unit manager. I met about 7 others interviewing for the position since they were running behind. I believe they held interviews over two days. Where did you get your request to interview. I cant stress it enough, read the interview thread started by Lorry. also go to her website and click on interview techniques. It is right on the money.
- 0Jan 18, '11 by Aquarius30Question to Kneal, M3L1SSA, or mmsb01. Are either of you new grads and did you have your license at the time you took the assessment test? I just graduated in December. I took the online exam for CDC about a week ago. I applied for Folsom and Vacaville. I for some reason cannot figure out what rank I am in through the state website. I know I passed but received only a 75% as I do not have healthcare experience outside of clinicals. Just wondering if I ave a shot at even getting a call back. Any info would be greatly I appreciated. I am sure you all are extremely busy
- 0Jan 18, '11 by knealhi, i am a new grad 05/10. i believe i got an 85 the only experience i had outside of clinicals was a volunteer camp nurse this summer. .one of the first questions they asked is do you have acls. so if you get to the interview stage get acls before interview. i would concentrate on rural prisons such as high desert ( where i got hired) jamastown ect... the bayarea( san quentin, salinas) is only hiring out of the first tier, so hr told me.
i dont know what your chances are but without trying your chances are zero. i also got two calls from rural hospitals this week asking for interview but i was already committed to HDSP. think about places where not alot of people want to relocate too.
good luck! 2 girls in my orientation are also new grads or old-new grads from 08!!!
- 1Jan 19, '11 by M3L1SSAAquarius sorry for such a late reply! Yes, I am a new grad...well an "old" new grad. I graduated back in May 2010 and have had my license since June 2010. I got an 85% also for the prison assessment but for the department of mental health I got a 91% on the QAP (Qualifying Appraisal Panel). It's a panel interview to gain eligibility for CA state jobs. Good luck on your NCLEX! I just rec'd a letter from Vacaville DMH that I was invited to a 2nd interview! Way better than getting another rejection letter!
- 0Jan 20, '11 by wendy99Hi, Kneal
I got an interview on JAn 28/2011. However, you mentioned about the references, are those you provided on Std678 form? Or they asked you for references on the site? How many of references?
Also, what's the chance to get hired if selected to interview? The HR told me they interview 15-20 nurses per month! I wonder how many they actually hire?
Thanks for any input.