CA/ State Prison RN job question - Page 10Register Today!
- Apr 8, '10 by miatagirl707WhoMeaNurse, I work at Coalinga State Hosp, as registry now, Dept of Mental Health and I know Corrections RNs make about 500-1000 more base pay than DMH, plus including drop w/furloughs too.
- Apr 8, '10 by miatagirl707CSUF student nurse, I have 6 months RN experience as registry at Coalinga State Hosp, Dept of mental health, and I just had an interview w/Central Ca Women's Facility in Chowchilla, and seem to be eligible for the job. Some prisons like Valley State are more competitive in that way now.
- Apr 11, '10 by rn619miatagirl707...i tentatively have an interview at Coalinga state hospital this month. was wondering if you can email me for some pointers, which registry, and experiences...firstname.lastname@example.org. thank you.
- Apr 16, '10 by miatagirl707I got the job at Chowchilla, so it can happen.
- Jun 21, '10 by JasonGCAHow do you like it there? I have an interview at Corcoran soon. I live in Los Angeles, but can not find any jobs locally. What are the schedules like? Do you feel safe? Thanks.
- Aug 9, '10 by KK4YOUHi Tirzo13,
I have a question in regards to chula vista veterans home in San Diego. I am graduating as an
RN with my BSN in a couple months and am considering working at the chula vista veterans
home. Do you have any information about this facility? Such as benefits, do they provide a
pension aswell as 401k? How do they treat the employees? How much do RN's make there?
Overall do you like working there? I really want to work for the state because I hear they offer
great benefits, just not sure what they are, and I dont want to work in corrections, so I
figure the va home in chula vista might just be best for me . I have seen your previous
posts and you give great information and advice! Any information would be greatly
- Oct 20, '10 by dren21Hello, I am thinking of applying there too. Let me know how it turns out!
- Nov 11, '10 by RosesRNbump...
- Dec 19, '10 by speedytopspinHey miatagirl707, I actually have a oral interview exam scheduled pretty soon and I am pretty nervous on how to prepare for it. Any pointers on ideas and nursing concepts I should be studying? lso, you can reach me @ email@example.com. Thanks!
- Dec 26, '10 by mmsb01Hello Everyone,
I received about six of those letters asking if I was interested in working in various positions across the state and I filled out the applications and sent them back, but I have yet to hear anything in the last 3-4 weeks. Can anyone tell me their experience with how long it took from applying to receiving any kind of contact for interviews or exams?
Any information would be very helpful!