Armor correctional services, FLRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Armor correctional services, FL in Correctional Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Any one work for armor correctional health services in florida? I just applied for a job with them...by lorita Oct 29, '07Any one work for armor correctional health services in florida? I just applied for a job with them at a county jail. I have never worked in correctons but thought I would try PRN and see if I like it. Does anyone have an idea of what the pay is and what kind of interview questions to expect.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=258463©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,871 Views
- Nov 9, '07 by ex1140I've thougt about signing up for some prn with them as well. Please let us know how it works out. Seems like they are always looking for nurses. :uhoh21:
- Jul 14, '10 by RN-FloridaStay as far away from Armor Correctional as you can.
- Aug 7, '10 by HSA1980I agree. They are a substandard health care provider.
- Feb 17, '11 by KaybeeRNI have worked in corrections for over 15 years. I started with CMS, went to PHS and have worked for Armor for the past 3 1/2 years. They are by far the better of the three I have worked for. They are physician owned and managed by doctors and nurses with many years of correctional experience instead of number crunchers. They are the most supportive corporate people I have ever worked with. Instead of climbing your butts about how you can save money, their priority is improving inmate health to make a positive impact on community health. They continually ask us at the site, how can we make it easier for you to do your jobs better. They encourage involvement with charity work within the community you work. When I first started working with them I was overwhelmed by the paperwork. We had logs for logs. After going through inspections, I've learned to appreciate the attention to detail. You know you are doing what is supposed to be done because everything is so well documented.
- Apr 5, '11 by MALENURSE50Thanks for the info on Armor Healthcare. I am starting with them next week in NY, and have met some very professional people in my interview process thus far.
- Jul 19, '11 by haitiwillrisewhats the starting rate they are willing to pay Lpns?
- Aug 11, '11 by MarinoX2I would be interested, too, in finding how much they pay the LPNs? In Broward county?