UCONN MEIN accelerated nursingRegister Today!
- by kimbobo Jul 27, '12Hi!
Does anybody have any advice on trying to apply for the uconn mein accelerated nursing program? I have a degree from uconn in fine arts, Storrs campus. I am taking a+p 1 this fall and still need to take a+p 2, microbiology and genetics. I am hoping to apply for the 2013-2014 year. It's frustrating that they require genetics, because the 3 other accelerated programs I am applying for do not.
Any advice or experiences?
- Jul 27, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to Connecticut State Nursing Programs for more of a response.
- Jul 28, '12 by alaboringstartHi Kimbobo!You can get through those prereqs in time for the June or August 2013 reviews! It can be trying mentally and financially to tailor your portfolio to each school you apply to, but it may be the best option. Applying to one school and not getting in would take you right back to the starting line.The CT community colleges are a great option for meeting your prereps. Depending on the semester and college, you can take Genetics online.Hope this helps!
- Aug 5, '12 by dorkomaticHello! i just finished my application for UCONN MEIN program. The application seems short and easy. Just be aware that the admissions coordinators are very difficult to get in contact with. You sometimes need to email them more than three times to get a question answered. good luck with your application
- Aug 10, '12 by clf9317Hi! I just got my acceptance letter for the MEIN program , with a jan start!!! I am so excited! Does anyone happen to know the exact start date and when the breaks are?? I will be going to storrs! Thanks for the help!!
- Aug 10, '12 by alaboringstartHi Clf9317!Congrats and welcome to the group! The start date is still a mystery (but it would be so nice to know for planning and countdown purposes!!). Maybe we'll find out in the next few Weeks once the letters for the August decision cycle go out.
- Aug 10, '12 by clf9317Thanks! Hope we find out soon!
- Sep 3, '12 by mac05032I'm a student in the current MEIN class at Storrs. Glad to hear some of you have been accepted It's a good program but always keep in mind they are very disorganized - we didn't get the year's schedule till close to the start of classes. For those of you wondering, here's this year's schedule - they keep it pretty much the same every year:
Jan 9 - classes begin
March 11-17 - Spring break
April 21 - 1st semester ends
April 22-May 4 - break
May 7 - 2nd semester starts
Aug 11 - 2nd semester ends
Aug 12-26 - break
Aug 27 - 3rd (final!) semester starts
Nov 19-25 - break
Dec 8 - 3rd semester ends
Dec 9 - pinning ceremony
Dec 17-19 - NCLEX prep class
We had Martin Luther King Jr. day, memorial day, July 4, and labor day off (but they do sometimes make up a class day later on that same week).
Any questions feel free to ask!
- Sep 3, '12 by alaboringstartThanks! Can you tell us what to expect from orientation?