- by CTPCTstudent May 13, '09Now the state LPN schools are requiring the TEAS instead of the NET for entrance exams. Would love some advice and info about the TEAS from everyone who has taken it!
- May 14, '09 by jrinctI took the test last fall and found the study manual to be particularly helpful for the math section. CTPCTstudent, I still have the manual and it's in good shape (I didn't write in it). PM me if you're interested.
And good luck on the test!
- May 14, '09 by msdeannahreally practice the math that was the section where time was really an issue for me. make sure you know area, fractions, ratios, percentages, conversions, ect. When I took it at BHSON the first question was to find the average of a students grades. I let nerves get the best of me and I could not get the answer to that question. I spent maybe 5 minutes on an easy question. Don't do that I was never able to recover after that, Chemistry and physics and a&p are there. But the earth science comes straight from the study guide, make sure you know this stuff. (i didn't lol) There are no surprises no trick questions if you study you will be fine.
Good luck get the manual.
- May 14, '09 by CTPCTstudentThanks for the info! I actually just got the book otherwise I would have been glad to have bought it from you!
- May 15, '09 by CGB1Definitely review the manual, and spend time with the math as suggested above. The first time I took the exam, I did not even finish the math section, so be sure to move right along. The rest of the sections I had plenty of time. Also, know that you are allowed to retake the exam after 90 days(I think its 90), so it's not the end of the world if you don't get it down as well as you would like the first time. Good luck!
- May 15, '09 by CTPCTstudentThanks for the info! Actually it can be taken every 30 days, so I am sure I will take it at least twice!