rn salary in ctRegister Today!
- by LIHHRN Mar 6, '04i have been asking for a long time, I even called Human resourses, nothing. i am addressing all the ct rn or lpn. can you please tell me what the salary is for hosp or home care rn. i work briefly in the hospital, but my speacialty is per visit home health. i have family there and it is one of the two states that i am considering moving to.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=59665©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,703 Views
- May 12, '04 by pokey snIf you are still interested, go to salarymonster.com. I think in connecticut the average starting salary in between $45-$50 thousand. I guess it depends on where you work. my sister in a LPN and she make $29 an hour working every weekend 12 hour shifts in long term care, but as a new grad, hospitals are offering between $22-24/hr. Good luck.
- Jun 23, '07 by RNLifesaverHi!!
There is definatly a nursing shortage in Ct and you will not have any trouble finding a position!!
As for rates of pay- To the best of my knowledge and from what I have seen myself and heard from others-
per visit is about $35/visit and $50 or $60 for an admission.
Not so sure anymore. It's been so long!
Long term care
RN's about 24-28 base + shift diffs, w/e diffs, etc. Plus usually more if you supervise.
In a 90 bed facility I had made 24 base + 4 Supervisor pay + 1.50 shift diff + 1.50 weekend diff. which brought me up to $31/hr on weekends. And I believe that is one of the lower paying positions.
Generally 35/hr to take the floor, 40 to sup and 50 to sup w/ floor. no benefits though.....
Again, these figures are only from what I can recall. Also, the pay varies depending on what location you would be living/working in. Good luck in your decision and your job quest!!
- Aug 10, '07 by usyankeeWhat is the base salary per hour for an LPN working in long term care with 18 years experience (working in long term care) in the New Haven, CT area?
- Sep 10, '07 by noelia23RNdoes anyone know what a new grad's hourly pay rate is in Hartford Hospital or in the surrounding hospitals ?
- Aug 16, '11 by APatriganiRNQuote from noelia23RNI was offered positions at St. Francis in Hartford and two other CT hospitals (one of which is a Hartford Healthcare/ Hartford Hospital affiliate), and the offers ranged from $27.25-$28.85/hr (base, before differentials). The only classmates of mine who are making more than that are the ones who went into LTC, which is supposedly around $30/hr starting.does anyone know what a new grad's hourly pay rate is in Hartford Hospital or in the surrounding hospitals ?
Doesn't quite add up to that $70k average that everyone talks about, haha.
- Aug 21, '11 by bananimalHartford Hospital base pay for new grads is currently 28.50. 15% evening/night differential, and 25% weekend differential.