NEW GRADS:Yale is willing to give you a shot..Register Today!
- by CT Pixie Aug 24, '11I just did a search on indeed.com for a friend who's a recent new RN grad. Yale has quite a few that specifically state 'NEW GRADS MAY APPLY" and they are all posted within the last couple of days. You'll have to go through them one by one as some say experience required while others say new grads may apply. Hope this helps.
- Aug 24, '11 by ProudTwinMomI noticed that and applied to a few. when I checked the status, I got the thanks for your interest but we have blah blah. Please check back. o that;s what I have been doing, I just applied to a few new ones as well. We shall see. So many pros and cons. This biggest con is the drive. I live in Windsor and New Haven would bequite the drive and then I hear you have to pay for parking, which is not cheap. I worked at Yale when I was in my early 20's as a PCA and I absolutely loved it.
- Sep 10, '11 by BobbkatMy unit hires new grads, but I'm sure the positions are really, really competetive. It's too bad we don't hire more, because we are so short staffed right now.
- Nov 18, '11 by checker1981I heard Yale only hires new grad BSN level nurses, possibly due to Magnet nursing status, either they have it or are applying for it. Bummer for all the ADN's who are RN's just like the BSN students.
- Nov 18, '11 by CT PixieQuote from checker1981I know for a FACT that they hire ADN new grads. My good friend who is a brand new ADN was just hired by them last month.I heard Yale only hires new grad BSN level nurses, possibly due to Magnet nursing status, either they have it or are applying for it. Bummer for all the ADN's who are RN's just like the BSN students.
Also, when you look through their postings, some say BSN required and/or preferred, others don't say BSN. Some of the ones that don't say BSN required say new grads will be considered. As a matter of fact I just did a search and jobs posted with in the last two weeks have a couple that say new rn's may apply
- Nov 29, '11 by ProudTwinMomYeah I have a friend who is an ADN and she works at Yale as a new grad. I did get a job at the Institute of Living in hartford, so I am happy. Commuting to New haven would have been hard right now. IOL loves new grads!
- Feb 11, '12 by NewGrad RN BSNdoes anyone know if yale is currently hiring?
- Jun 30, '12 by lynnaprnHey all,
I have worked at Yale for seven years as an RN and they require BSN to begin as a new graduate in the ICU/ER environments. They will hire ADN for everything else as a new grad, hope that helps!
- Aug 29, '12 by NursieNurseLPNAny ideas of ltc facilities in ct for a new lpn? Any advice would be really appreciated!!!! Also, do u think its best to walk in and apply? Thanks guys!