Getting ready to apply: CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2013 - page 21
Good morning! I am a current LPN working on pre-requisites for application to the CCC-NP for Fall 2013! I'm taking most of my courses at Holyoke Community College and hope to transfer to Northwestern Connecticut Community... Read More
- 0Mar 6, '13 by jmc10Well I feel better. I spoke with Admissions and my fears are eased! I also heard back from **********, and was told the same thing. Right now, they are reviewing the applications, inputting all the transfer classes and calculating the nursing GPA. No one is being tossed out yet. We will all receive a letter whether we have missing items or not shortly. We can still contest any problems so long as we did everything correctly on our end- meaning we submitted the documentation correctly and timely. As my transcripts are officially entered, I have nothing to worry about. Additionally, I was told that they should be finishing the review at the end of next week. Bottom line, if you submitted everything correctly, and the records are showing up on the checklist, then they have your stuff. As for the computer test, they have a list in the admissions office from the advisors, and since I have proof that it was sent in by my advisor, then I can be assured I am on the list. So, for now, I am going to stop worrying and just be patient!!
Thanks everyone for your feedback. We have made it this far, we can make it another 6 weeks!!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Mar 8, '13 : Reason: ToS/privacy--please do not post names of school personnel
- 1Mar 7, '13 by best1203Hey all, I applied this round too. NV is my first choice. My nursing GPA is 3.6, A&P I is an A and TEAS is 82.0. I don't test well and wish I did better on the TEAS but there's nothing I can do about it now. Hopefully I will get to meet some of you in Nursing 101 in the Fall. Good luck to everyone patiently waiting for a letter!
- 0Mar 8, '13 by HelenaHandbasketThanks for the update. Comforting to know. ******was AWESOME and helped me so much with getting my application and transcripts in. I checked again today and the only thing showing is my TEAS as "met". I hand delivered my transcripts so I know they got them. As Tom Petty once sang, "and the waaaaaaaaaiting is the hardest part!!".Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Mar 8, '13 : Reason: ToS/Privacy--please do not post names of school personnel
- 0Mar 9, '13 by NAM2bRNHello everyone, just joined this site today. I have applied to the Gateway nursing program. Just waiting patiently like everyone to hear if I got in. I heard it is very competitive. I am staying positive. I have finished all of the courses for the program except obviously the nursing courses so I am hoping this is the year for me. Fingers crossed and positive vibes to everyone!!
- 0Mar 11, '13 by HelenaHandbasketSOMETHING CHANGED!!!!
My A&P II requirement is listed as "MET 3/11/13". Of course, I'm going to assume that they mean they know I am currently taking it and that's ok because I haven't completed it with a C+ or better.
I take some comfort in knowing that if they know I am enrolled in my A&PII course that they received my transcript and that other requirements will be checked off soon. Maybe. I think. I hope.
As a side note, I took my first A&PII lecture exam today. The good news is that I got the highest grade in the class! The bad news is that it was an 87%. I got the highest grade, the lowest was a 44 and the average was a 69. I took exception to 3 points she took off of one of my essay questions but she doesn't let us keep our exams so I wasn't able to address it with her today. I'm doing better this semester with her than last semester with her but having her as a professor is proving more an emotional intelligence challenge than a knowledge challenge. As students we assume that if we study hard we will get good grades, forgetting the human factor. We will encounter professors, hospital staff in clinicals and eventually patients for who nothing we do will seem right even when we DO everything right. One grade from one professor does not define the sum of my parts. Serenity now!