Current CT Community College RN Students Advice For Newly Accepted - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 12, '11 by ScoobickDoes anyone know where to take CPR classes that needs to be completed before nursing school? There are a lot of websites online that cost 19.95 and they will mail you a card. Are those legit?
- Apr 12, '11 by ORnurseCTI did AHA online, but had to do a skills check off in person. It was as much trouble as taking a regular class.
- Apr 13, '11 by JBMmommyMake sure that any CPR you take is rated for the health care provider. Some of the trainings are not sufficient. I took one at a local hospital, you can search the Red Cross website and they have sessions throughout the state. Three Rivers also had some on-campus opportunities to take it, you might want to check with your school.
Nikki- sorry my response about the micro wasn't very helpful. Any chance there's another place you can take it over the summer? If not, just keep up with your readings and you'll probably be fine.
- Apr 13, '11 by Katiedid7Does anyone know how long the healthcare provider CPR cert is good for? I got mine 8/1/09...
- Apr 13, '11 by Nikki819JBMommy- any advice is helpful so thank you! I spoke with a professor who teaches a hybrid course but she said i would still miss a lot of work and wouldn't recommend me registering for the course. I emailed another professor whose course runs july to august but it is full, and i am waiting to hear if i can be placed on a waiting list. I looked into uconn and their state school branches near me but no luck there. Worse case scenario i'll be taking it in the fall, which i assumed would be managable (otherwise why not make it a pre-req?) but now i'm not so sure after looking into how time consuming one nursing class is.:uhoh21:
katiedid7- i think it lasts only 1 or 2 years
- Apr 14, '11 by mixy5446i know on the back of one of the sheets that came in our acceptance packets it said that the school offers some cpr classes over the summer, and they will provide more information on those during orientation. that was for capital however, and i am not sure if that applies to the other schools. i signed up for the aha course for the end of this month, but i have not heard back from them so i am not sure if they had enough people sign up to hold the course. if anyone comes across more details on any of these please share!
also, do any of you know specifically what needs to be filled out for our health records, or what immunizations we specifically need? i have a physical tomorrow, and would like to not have to go back if i don’t have too. :d
- Apr 14, '11 by ORnurseCTGateway didn't send out any immunization or CPR information
- Apr 14, '11 by mixy5446Check the back of your paper you got? That is where the info was on mine, it wasn't much however. It also did not include immunization info, I wish it did.
- Apr 14, '11 by workingmama77NVCC hasn't sent anything out yet. I hope I get it before orientation in May so that can be one less thing to worry about.