BHSN: Applying to Bridgeport Hosp for Fall 2012 - page 5
Hey everybody, That time of year is coming soon... Anyone else out there applying to BHSN this fall? Best of luck to all! :up:... Read More
- 0Feb 27, '12 by Pre-nursingstudentThanks for the confidence! I'm just so nervous that there aren't many spots left and only the top scorers will get in now! We'll see what happens. Thanks for sharing though! I just want to know right now whether I got in! haha But I'll stay positive until I get a letter from them!
- 0Feb 28, '12 by RooskenatorNope, haven't been yet either.
Pre-NursingStudent: I think you have a pretty good shot at getting in. As far as all the spots being taken, I had some issues with transcripts & AP scores making it there & was VERY nervous about the same thing. As of Feb 16th when I spoke to them, only 31 spots had been filled. There is still hope.
And if you don't get in, it won't be the end of the world. (Although it DOES seem that way.) I didn't get in last year & even had my parents say "well, it must not be meant to be! oh well" pft! I busted my butt, studied, took Chem over again because I had the EXACT same situation as you with a C+ in a very hard Chem, got an A the next time around, applied again & got in.
Keep your chin up. I don't think it's out of the question that you will get in and even if you don't, there is always next year. If you want it badly enough, you WILL make it happen. Chin up!! Let us know as soon as you hear something.
- 0Feb 28, '12 by BenjaminVHey! My name is Ben and I have applied to BHSN for the fall 2012 start. They have had my application for a while but I just took my TEAS V this past Saturday. Got an 85.3%, I feel pretty good about that. My undergraduate GPA isn't the best, here is how I have done on the prereq course list. I am a CNA and I do have some really great references.
English Composition: B
Chemistry, 4 credits, with lab: B
Anatomy & Physiology I, 4 credits, with lab: B
General Psychology: B+
Anatomy & Physiology II, 4 credits, with lab: In progress
Child Psychology & Development: in progress (Lifespan)
Microbiology, 4 credits with lab A-
Principles of Sociology: C+
Public Speaking or Human Communications: C
Elective: Navajo Language Class A
I'm wondering what you guys think about my chances of getting in? Someone mentioned that only 31 spots have been filled as of yet? I would be really surprised if that was the case, I mean the lions share of applicants have already applied and gotten all their stuff in. I'm going to fax them over a copy of my unofficial transcript with my most recent grades and courses in progress tomorrow just to make sure they have it.
- 0Feb 29, '12 by NurseLCoop2BHey Ben, and Pre-Nursing Student,
I think you guys have a really good chance of getting in BHSN! I was recently accepted into the program and I had a very good background from high school as far as my sports, clubs and outside interests. I had a strong essay and some really awesome references, which I believe helped a lot! I haven't yet received a degree from my University, but I've taken most of the necessary courses. My GPA wasn't that strong but clearly there was something about me that made me a good candidate for the program. This was my first time applying and the only school I applied to. My credentials are as listed:
Teas Exam: 76.0
A&PII: In progress
French 102: A
Sociology: In progress
Hopefully this helps
Also I applied in late December
But my application was processed in January!
- 0Mar 2, '12 by BenjaminVThanks for all the support guys! I've got my fingers crossed too - I would be ecstatic to be in the program with all of you. I figured about a month to hear back either way, I already have a friend that got in and she said that is about how long it took. I will most definitely post what happens either way :-)
- 0Mar 10, '12 by Pre-nursingstudentThanks, guys for all the encouragement!! Every day the anticipation just gets worse and worse! I've been waiting for about a month now and still NOTHING! I called yesterday, and they said that my application was still in review. They also said that the process could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks from the time your application goes into review so that might mean I have to wait ANOTHER month to find out!! But no worries...I'll keep my head up and hope for the best! One of my friends got their letter of acceptance almost 2 weeks ago and they took the same test date as me! I'm just really sick of waiting :-/