BHSN: Applying to Bridgeport Hosp for Fall 2012 - page 4
by Rooskenator 19,467 Views | 115 Comments
Hey everybody, That time of year is coming soon... Anyone else out there applying to BHSN this fall? Best of luck to all! :up:... Read More
- 0Feb 3, '12 by NurseLCoop2Bgot an acceptance letter in the mail dated jan 31st !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so ecstatic right now, i feel so great and i am excited to say i will be joining all you other luck guys/ girls in the fall
i guess the hard part of getting in is over, now all we have to do is hold our ground til the nclex
congrats to everyone else that has heard back and good luck on your journey:spin:
sn: i'm hoping to do the accelerated program, anyone heard of the pace and what to expect if you are accepted to the accelerated program?
- 0Feb 24, '12 by RooskenatorWell, five weeks later, my AP scores (to get credit for the Eng requirement) have been overnighted to Bridgeport. Hopefully my application will go into review Tuesday & I'll be posting good news on here soon Talk about down to the wire, huh? Now, must try not to have a stroke in the meantime
And I love the answer from the guy at AP services as to why my scores still haven't been mailed out: "Well ma'am, they are from nineteen ninety NINE." He said it with the same emphasis as would be expected if my archived scores were from 1876. lol. Sweet, I'm a hundred :uhoh21:
- 1Feb 25, '12 by allforthekiddsMy goodness they were dragging their feet!! LOL though, picturing in my mind that they had to go into a big warehouse with all of their archived files and blowing dust off of the box yours was in. Don't feel bad though, my transcript was from nineteen ninety SEVEN. I hope you hear something soon!
- 0Feb 27, '12 by RooskenatorWell, dust blown off the archived AP scores, fresh envelope delivered with an ACCEPTANCE LETTER this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO **happiest dance ever** I've been waiting for this for SO long & Bridgeport is by far my first choice! YESSSSSSSSSSSS, see you all in September!!!!
- 0Feb 27, '12 by Pre-nursingstudentFirst of all I'd like to say congratulations to all of you who have gotten in! I'm still waiting to hear back from Bhsn and I'm getting quite nervous after seeing some of the teas scores people were getting. I got a 79% two weeks ago, which made my application complete, and this was the first time I took it. I transferred from UConn Storrs to Housatonic with a GPA of 3.53 and the only classes I have left after this semester are A&P 2, Micro, and Lit & Comp. I received an A for comp, I took AP Psych in high school and got a 5 on it (so that counts for General Psych), and A for Humanities, a B+ for Bio, and a C+ in Chem (it turns out UConn Chem is very difficult). I'm currently taking A&P 1, Child Psych, Sociology, and Public Speaking. I'm so nervous that I won't get in because of that C+ in Chem and I called today, and they said my application was still under review and I'd hear from them within the next 2 weeks or so! I got into St. Vincent's for the spring, but I ended up not going there because it was WAY too much money, and I'm really hoping I get into Bhsn so I don't have to wait even longer to try to get into the Community College nursing program (which I heard is insanely hard to get into). I hope someone can make me feel better about my situation!!!!
- 1Feb 27, '12 by ddt07001I'm graduating UConn in May. I'm not going to put my exact stats on the forum but trust me you have a high chance. I had a BAD situation and I was accepted! Your TEA score and GPA are actually way better than mine. I did have strong pre-req grades, so make sure you continue to do well in your courses (you will probably get accepted before they are complete though) I believe I was accepted because through my strong essay and resume they could see I was determined and committed to becoming a Nurse despite some setbacks in my academic career. I believe that you will be accepted! Just keep faith. I did!!