random drug testsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on random drug tests in CNA/MA - Nursing / Medical Assistant, part of Nursing Student ... Where I work they give out random drug tests. I started working this year and got a urine and blood...by TamTam23 Feb 19, '11Where I work they give out random drug tests. I started working this year and got a urine and blood test done for my pre employment qualifications. I was wondering when do they usually give out those random drug tests in hospitals/LTC facilities. Also.. if you pass the urine test, do they still do the blood test to double check for drugs in your blood system
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=533338©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,683 Views
- Feb 22, '11 by scottcnaI would think random = random...
- Feb 22, '11 by LaterAlligatorAt my home care agency they do this, usually one random employee per month. Just urine, since it's comprehensive enough & cheaper than running bloodwork.
- Feb 22, '11 by DondieAre you nervous?? Just kidding!
My job has only done one random test (I've been there almost a year), and that was on a bunch of random people at once because a bag of weed was found in the middle of the hall.
Just depends on the facility, I guess.
- Feb 24, '11 by yousoldtheworldLOL, why would you bring a bag of weed to work, at a nursing facility? Honestly.
We recently had a bunch of random drug tests...because one of our kitchen workers was acting really hateful and out of character for him, and when his boss asked him what was wrong, he replied "Sorry, I took a bunch of my mom's oxycontin this morning and I just feel out of it."
But yeah, that was the first time my facility had them in the time I've been there. I'm told that in the past, they would just occasionally spring them on a handful of people. Everyplace I've been has just done either a urine screen, a saliva test, or a hair test. One should be sufficient unless you have suspect results.
- Feb 24, '11 by DondieIt could have been a resident as much as an employee. There are some "characters" up there!
- Jul 20, '11 by swift125My second job is as a hospital pharmacist and they told me that I might be subject to random drug tests...what a sad state of affairs. I have had back surgery, but I'm no druggie. My PCP thinks that this policy is stupid; I had her sign rx's for hydrocodone, diazepam and Adderall (I had ADD as a kid)....go ahead, test me, my Rx's for a month's supply and take: "prn" shield me from this stupid invasive testing...............................
- Jul 20, '11 by Poi DogCNAs where I work are subject to random drug tests. The RNs are not. (*scratches head*)
- Jul 20, '11 by fuzzywuzzyI've never heard of them doing it where I work. I'm not even sure if they tested me before I started working there or not. That would really bother me if they did do random tests though. What someone does outside of work is none of their business.
- Jul 21, '11 by Poi DogAt the last facility I worked for, if a worker had an accident happen, the person would be handed a cup to directed to the bathroom.