First night of training at very first CNA job. NERVOUS.Register Today!
This is a discussion on First night of training at very first CNA job. NERVOUS. in CNA/MA - Nursing / Medical Assistant, part of Nursing Student ... I got hired at a skilled nursing facility/Alzheimer's unit/Nursing home. I'm in a float pool going...by esand Jan 26I got hired at a skilled nursing facility/Alzheimer's unit/Nursing home. I'm in a float pool going to all three of those departments, from what I understand.
I'm being trained today on the 3-11 shift so that I can pick it up if I want to. I'm being trained Mon, Tuesday and Thursday on the 6 AM to 1:30 PM shift, which will be my main shift.
Any tips for me on my first day of training? My heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest here.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=811239©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 888 Views
- Jan 26 by Orange TreeJust stay busy and be helpful (should be easy enough) . Ask questions about anything you're unsure of.
My first nursing clinical was in an Alzheimer's unit. I managed to get a "bedrest" patient out of bed, dress him in his roommate's clothes and take him to the dining room. He had been lying in his roommate's bed and had no ID, so I thought he was the roommate. Opps! I also assisted a visitor in finding his way to the elevator. He turned out to be a patient trying to escape. Sooooo, don't do those things!Last edit by Orange Tree on Jan 26
- Jan 26 by esandAwesome advice, thank you.
Also, my scrubs are huge on me, mainly the pants. I'm an extra small chick with a very small chest, so is this acceptable? I'll post a picture.
- Jan 26 by RJay25Personally I think your scrubs are fine you dont want anything snug you need to be able to move around freely.
- Jan 26 by Orange TreeYep, you've got to be able to move! Scrub pants can rip wide open if they're too small.
- Jan 27 by esandRip wide open? Oi, I don't want that. I was advised to replace the shirt with an extra small, but keep the pants.
First night went absolutely awesome. I learned a ton and really got my hands dirty, both figuratively and literally. ;p Tomorrow I'll be on the 1st shift, which kind of sucks because I really bonded with the 2nd shift STNAs and we work very well together. They were extremely short so I worked more than I was trained, because she didn't have the time to be training me. That was cool with me, I prefer to learn the hard way.
- Jan 27 by Orange TreeCongratulations! I'm glad you had a good night.