CNA hourly pay rate? - Page 16Register Today!
- May 8, '11 by jjic3982I live in SoCal too. From what I know CNA's in Hospitals are very difficult to get depending on where in SOCAL you are located. And this is if you are a new grad. Try the LTC or Nursing homes.
- Where in SOCAL? I live in LA county, are you a CNA in a hospital?
I already work as a server in a restaurant and the income is really decent (tips lol) so I just kinda want like an on-call or very very part time CNA job for the summer only. I might (hopefully) be getting a tutoring job for microbiology students in the fall (if they get the grant for it) it pays well and you help groups of students.
So I don't know if there are any CNA on-call or part-time positions but that would be really great for the experience but especially since my top choice school gives points for healthcare experience...
- May 8, '11 by tigerkateI just got hired at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, and I have no prior experience.
You might want to try checking their site for per diem work? Most people want you to have experience before working per diem or on-call, because of how hard it is to get accustomed to a brand new setting when you are doing healthcare. But you might be able to land part-time!
- Oh wow really? As a CNA with no experience? You must have known someone there eh?
I have applied there before and got nothing back. I'll try again. I really want weekends and nites.
Would you know if their hiring
- May 8, '11 by tigerkateI do not know anyone at the hospital! My biggest advice is persistence and follow-up.
I interviewed for DOU Jan 31, didn't get it but the dept manager did take me seriously. Two weeks after being rejected for that position, she called me up and said she was getting another position approved for hire and thought of me. Unfortunately, after she got permission to post the job, she had it filled w/ an in-house transfer. So, months later, I was checking the site and noticed her dept hiring again. I applied, found her phone number again, and called her up to let her know I was still interested. She had me come in for another interview (which she was 40 minutes late for lol) and hired me then and there.
I mentioned on my app that I was planning on nursing school (which they love), and I took the job saying I was available for any time. They have me nights right now, mostly during the week but every other weekend as usual.
I know someone there, (old best friend's mom) she's a PCT. But I don't talk to her daughter anymore case she changed (and not in a good way) lol
Hmm. I will check online and see if there hiring.
I'll take weekends! LOLLast edit by DarkBluePhoenix on May 8, '11
- May 25, '11 by cutteamethysHi there....any cna/pct here from Brooklyn NY working in hospitals...if so are you on the 1199 union...how do you join it? anybody please!..thanks
- Jul 9, '11 by Boerne LouI am up for another year evaluation-I went from 10.25hr to 10.40 hr and I lost sign on bonus of $1,000 -as I was demoted beccause I am stupid. New hires get 10.50 per hour and the bonus. I know I can love some of my bosses-but lets get real?
- Jul 19, '12 by Rcarriere86Quote from SuBinCRNAtoBewell i know in mass i started out at $9.75 and im now making any where between $15-17 and hr.Hello.
I'm trying to apply for this nursing home near my house.
but i'm not sure what to put for desired rate of pay.
what is the average pay rate for starting cnas?
i looked up and they are giving me different rate.