So I am most likely going to go to this school and wanted to know what the class schedule is typically like.
1. What part of your schedule can YOU, the student pick, or is each class, the day, instructor, and time of day already chosen for you?
I am about to start a full time job, so I'd like to know how the school schedule interferes, so I can come up with a good plan for when I can work once I start the program.
2. What is the earliest classes start and until what time can they run? 6 am to 6 pm or later??? Even earlier on exam days???
3. I've already completed my A&Ps, Micro, Psyc 1101 & 1102, Engl 1101 & 1102, POLS, Humanities, and a Hist elective...So which classes that I have yet to take can I take online? Which were fairly easy to do online if you are an independent learner? Can you take any nursing courses online?
4. If you transfer in with a bunch of completed courses, will you still be required to register full time. How the my advisor made it sound, they make you enroll full time to finish in the 3 year timeframe. However, if you aren't starting from scratch at their campus, then you technically have less courses to finish in the same timeframe, so you can span them out and still finish in 3 years. Is that an option?
5. I know this is more financial, but what did you do to pay for this tuition? What are the steps to getting enough loans to cover for this program? Is it possible for you to apply for the loans and not qualify and be stuck accepted, but with no way to pay it?
This new job will change my aid eligibility, and I am pretty certain (70%) I will lose the rest of my PELL for the next aid year (2017-2018), as my newer income will change on my taxes. I still wont make enough to pay out of pocket
Thank you all for your help!
P.S. If anyone is planning to enter the program either Spring 18 or later in 2018, maybe we can connect to study for the HESI!!! if you're interested, PM me!
I don't know if you remember but we had talked about our situation being the same. I went to an open house back in January. One of the professors said that some of the prerequisites weren't online and we had to go to class. However, I have read that you can take them online. I want to know the answer too. Another professor said that you spend less time on campus as the program goes on.
Im trying to figure out how to pay for it too. I don't want to submit and possibly get accepted and not be able to go!
Also, I remember the advisor saying that we sit down and figure out a schedule that works best for us. So it seems they try to work with you at least. Hopefully some of the questions can get answered. If I apply, it won't be until late 2018.
Last edit by peachshan on Mar 26
: Reason: add in information