- 0Jun 20, '11 by NewYorkMidwifeI'm a homebirth midwife in New York City willing to take a preceptee or nursing student with an interest in pursuing midwifery. I understand that preceptorship is hard to get, but I am willing to take someone under my wings.
I notice that there are a lot students and/or inspiring CNM's, so I thought this might be of interest. Feel free to email me privately.
My intention is to offer help/mentorship, so I hope it's not against the rules of this site.
- 0Jul 28, '11 by ilovegingerhi New York Midwife! i would love to connect with you~ perhaps on Facebook? i have a page on facebook- search BIRTHnerd ~you can message me there
i am currently in California- i live in the eastern sierra mountains- Mammoth Lakes--very remote. I am started a Masters Midwifery program @ Philadelphia University next month- 3 year tract.
i have been a labor and delivery RN for 16 years- much disappointment in how hospital births are managed- i am starting to network with midwives, especially in the home birth environment. are you a CNM?
My clinical will start in 2013- the final semester being full time hours, and i am willing to relocate. i would love to chat privately!
- 0Aug 25, '11 by intladventurerSo excited to read your post! Just moved to NYC. I'm planning to enroll in a midwifery program next fall (CPM track). And, I've been looking for a midwife to shadow and talk to about the field. I would love to meet with you and hear more about your experiences as a midwife. How can I contact you?
- 0Sep 1, '11 by intladventurerHi NewYorkMidwife. Unfortunately the system doesn't allow me to send private messages as a new member. (You need to contribute at least 15 substantive posts according to the FAQ page before you're allowed to message other members.) However, I can receive them. Would you mind sending me a PM with an email address where I can contact you. Thanks so much!
- 0Nov 27, '11 by RainaAskewHi NewYorkMidwife, I am having the same issue in terms of sending private messages. You got quite an impressive response to your offer and I ma sure you are swamped. I do have a couple of questions for you though. I you would private message me with your direct contact info. that would be awesome!!