CSC Exam - Page 2Register Today!
- May 24 by CCRNCMC11Quote from turnforthenurseRNYou should go for it! I took the Cmc in April! Very tough test but studying for it is a great way to stay sharp!Congratulations!! I won't qualify for the CSC because of the patients I work with, but I would love to take the CMC. I have my PCCN.
- May 24 by turnforthenurseRNQuote from CCRNCMC11What did you use to study? And I know they are different tests, but how would you compare the CMC to CCRN? I used the Pass CCRN! CD for practice questions so I guess I kind of have an idea on what the CCRN exam is like.You should go for it! I took the Cmc in April! Very tough test but studying for it is a great way to stay sharp!
- May 25 by CCRNCMC11Quote from turnforthenurseRNIf you took just the cardiac portion of the ccrn and made the questions even harder and more detailed, that's what it's like. Follow the test plan on the aacn website. I used the book critical care nursing by urden (which is on the test bibliography) and a review DVD by cammie house fancher. I wouldn't recommend the review DVD though because I thought it was lacking. I have heard good things about the review by the aacn, however.
What did you use to study? And I know they are different tests, but how would you compare the CMC to CCRN? I used the Pass CCRN! CD for practice questions so I guess I kind of have an idea on what the CCRN exam is like.
- Jun 18 by marilynbakerCOngrats! You should celebrate your accomplishment
- Sep 17 by CCRNCMC11I know this is an older thread but anyone else taken the cmc/csc? I just passed my csc recently!
- Sep 18 by Lovelymo79Congrats! I want to take my CSC in the next 6 months.
- Sep 19 by CCRNCMC11It's really not terrible at all. I've only been in CVICU for less than a year and it's pretty straight forward
- Sep 21 by CCRNCMC11How long have you been in cvicu? I've only been in it for <7 months so you don't have to have experience but the more you have the better. If you study the test plan and common scenarios that can go wrong that's most of the test. Know hemodynamics of common complication. Bleeding was a huge part of my test. Of course common pressors. Order the practice test book from aacn the questions are similar. I used the book by Bojar as a reference.
- Sep 22 by Lovelymo79Maybe I will take it sooner than later. I have almost 2.5 yeas experience