PCCN Review Information Needed Please
- 1Jul 8, '08 by wasabiRNI have read many threads regarding PCCN preparation. I was hoping to start studying for the exam to possibly test in about 3 months. Many people have recommended different study material. I was wondering, since most of those postings were in the past and most of you have probably tested by now, if you could enlighten me on what worked best for you.
I have ordered AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing and Critical Care Examination Review.
I was hoping to also order a study program and have narrowed it down to David Woodruff's PCCN Review or Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio's CCRN Study Review.
I had read in some postings, that there is a difference between studying for the CCRN and PCCN. I have heard only good things about Laura Gasparis Vonfrolios review. Do you think her review is OK for a PCCN study guide.
Thank you in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- 19,785 Visits
- 2Aug 9, '08 by lorycesI took the PCCN exam just last July and thankfully I passed. I tried using the CCRN reviewers but it tends to get confusing since the focus of CCRN is different to that of the PCCN. I also tried using the AACN's progressive care book but it didn't really help me. What I used was David Woodruff's PCCN audio review and the CD-ROM from AACN. Listening over and over to the CDs really helped.
I just checked out ebay and they're selling David Woodruff's PCCN review.Last edit by loryces on Aug 9, '08 : Reason: to add more information
- 0Oct 7, '08 by QuaffettiIf you go to AACN.org they have a practice test you can take (you have to pay) that will give you an idea if you are prepared.
I studied a lot, but unfortunately I studied the wrong things. Things popped up on the test that I had never encountered. But I passed. I thought it was a really hard test though.
I plan to stay certified so I never have to take the test again.
- 1Oct 25, '08 by ophiroseI took the PCCN exam in August and passed--thankfully! It was honestly the most difficult exam that I have taken yet. I only used the AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing and the online Pre-Test. I bought a CCRN review book (the kind with practice questions) and did not find it helpful at all. Study the topics on the outline available at the AACN website, as well as your application packet. That will help you as well. Good Luck with your Exam!
- 0May 13, '10 by sandie2Hi all,
I took my PCCN yesterday and unfortunately i lost it for 4 questions... It was a hard test. Can anyone out there give me some advices about how & what to study and all? also any suggestions are welcome... i have to pass this test...
I used the PCCN certification review book with 1000's of Q&A, but for some reason the questions i had for the real test was entirely different....
I am thinking about studying the theory more with the AACN blueprint...