Practical Nursing at MohawkRegister Today!
- by shabz Jul 1, '12Hi,
I am planning on applying to the practical nursing program at Mohawk after i get my grade 12 chem and bio credits this year. My math marks in grade 11 and 12 were between 62-65%. English mark was an 85% and 2 other courses came up to 86% and 89%. Also i have complete 3 courses at YorkUniversity with a GPA of about a 65%. I just wanted to know what my chances of being accepted were and if my University course work would be taken into consideration swell ? If anyone can share information on their acceptance to the program to give me a little hope i'd really appreciate it!Last edit by shabz on Jul 1, '12
- 701 Views
- McMaster does not have an RPN program. They do offer an RPN to BSN bridging program through Mohawk/Mcmaster.RPN is not a university level program. It is offered at many colleges in Ontario.
- Jul 1, '12 by shabzsorry, i meant the mohawk program at macmaster campus!
- I would be concerned about your math marks.Math is an important factor in the RPN program. How are you doing in bio and chem?
- Jul 1, '12 by shabzIts not that i wasn't good at math, i was just lazy. I had an 81 before exams but i didn't show up for the exam.i had taken an extra course in night school and didn't need the math credit so i gave up, big mistake on my part! I am taking chem and bio this year but i'm sure i'll get between an 80-85%. I also have completed 2 courses at Yorku. Will they look at my high school gpa or uni gpa when considering me ? my Uni gpa wasn't the greatest
- Bio and chem marks should be fine.My daughter was applying to RPN programs for January and she had to submit her transcripts for her 2 years at U of T.Last edit by loriangel14 on Jul 1, '12